• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New SYE Leaks at yoke seal!

tompatjr

NAXJA Forum User
Any of you had this problem?

Brand new AA HD SYE. Installed and AFT leaks around the rear output seal. I wiped the seal with ATF before sliding the yoke on and did it by the book. I thought it might go away but it remains.

Should I just call AA or the person I bought the unit through?

Mine did too when it was new.Really made me mad ! tried to find a new seal and couldn,t find anyone who had the part #.Kept an eye on the fluid level for a couple weeks and it just healed itself.
My GUESS is that it took awhile for the seal to wear down the yoke smooth:flipoff:
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
Mine did too when it was new.Really made me mad ! tried to find a new seal and couldn,t find anyone who had the part #.Kept an eye on the fluid level for a couple weeks and it just healed itself.
My GUESS is that it took awhile for the seal to wear down the yoke smooth:flipoff:
Wayne

I'm not angry about it, at all. Things happen! It's only a small leak, but still a leak none the less. I was thinking it might wear in or the seal might swell and quit leaking.

tompatjr said:
I'm not angry about it, at all. Things happen! It's only a small leak, but still a leak none the less. I was thinking it might wear in or the seal might swell and quit leaking.

Mine did initialy for about 2 weeks - then no more issues - though in thoes two weeks, i had the AA SYE installed in 2 different t-cases...(blew one up - not related to the SYE)

Not sure what you mean, but is it the seal around the outside of the yoke? Or the one near the yoke nut? I had it leaking from the yoke nut becuase the star seal got sideways on installation. I pulled it out, put RTV all in the threads of the yoke, put the seal back in and it hasn't leaked yet. Maybe try putting RTV on it somewhere. Who knows. Maybe it just takes the seal a bit to seat.

53guy said:
Not sure what you mean, but is it the seal around the outside of the yoke? Or the one near the yoke nut? I had it leaking from the yoke nut becuase the star seal got sideways on installation. I pulled it out, put RTV all in the threads of the yoke, put the seal back in and it hasn't leaked yet. Maybe try putting RTV on it somewhere. Who knows. Maybe it just takes the seal a bit to seat.

Mine is from around the outside of the rear yoke. The little splined seal went in fine.

Back