• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which shock is best for DD

cg2

NAXJA Forum User
Which shock is best for daily highway driving and a rough trail to a fishing hole 4 to 15 times a year,hydro vs nitro ?.......i saw a bad review on the :geek: net for the nitro

thanx..........are thet nitro or hydro,and where do i find them........at a good price........and it for a 3in lift

Old Man Emu...

Not familiar with monroe sensa tracks. I would say with confidence it is hard to go wrong with either old man emu or bilstein. Neither are the lowest cost ... but both are worth it if you are going to put on miles and keep the rig, and you appreciate quality and ride ride quality.

On a stock or virtually stock truck nonthing makes a bigger diffrence then some high quality shocks. Dont cheap out for the 15-20 bucks youll save per shock for junk ones or middle of the market ones. Go high market on the shocks and enjoy the ride :clap:

When I started out with my XJ I ran ProComp ES 3000's and they really rode like a pile of bricks. Here about 3 months ago I finally replaced them with the Rancho RSX shocks. These are the same as the Monroe Sens-a-trac Reflex shocks, only in the rancho name for lifted vehicles.

I was very pleasantly surprised with the better ride with these shocks over the junk ProComps. Whatever you get, make sure it is self adjusting and good for multiple types of terrains, not just pavement.

I run the Monroe Reflex, 570 miles a week on I70 plus some rough dirt roads. Great ride and handling. You can get them at Napa or Advance, also they're on sale right now.

LilRedRover said:

x3

my dad liked mine so much he ordered a pair for his DD. I have not tried the 5150s, but compared to rancho 9000 they are way better. super nice riding.

I've had the Monroe Gas-Matics on my mine for the last couple of years and have been pleased. Not better than stock, but no worse either. Good bang for the buck (and with Advance Auto's replacement warranty it's even better). My ZJ had sensatracs on it, but they were worn out, replaced with Gas-Matics and it rides well too.

If you want a good ride on an XJ, stay away from Nitro shocks. They will be a harsh ride.

Rob $.02

Back