• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering ram placement?

xjoe

NAXJA Forum User
Seen a few mounted on a reinforced diff cover. I was also thinking about trying to weld the tabs on the outside of the steering dampner bracket and using the tie rod clamp or welding the tabs on the tie rod. Is there any problem with running it above the axle? Because of the coils, I have nearly no clearance behind the tie-bar at full turn.
49df7e5a.jpg

Any idea's would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe

so what is your question?are you looking to replaces the steering stabilizer with a hydro ram or just replace the stabilizer with another one?whats wrong with how its pictured?is that not your truck in the picture?

Wil Badger said:
so what is your question?are you looking to replaces the steering stabilizer with a hydro ram or just replace the stabilizer with another one?whats wrong with how its pictured?is that not your truck in the picture?
It my jeep, My question is can I put the steering ram in the same position as the steering dampners? Sorry I wasn't more clear.

ECKSJAY said:
That's usually how they go...
I read all of the threads I could find. All I could find was leaf sprung examples, does anyone know if there are any pics of steering ram mounting on coil sprung axles?

Back