• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-MAX Winch group buy

Jeepdogrob

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I have got a pretty good deal on a T-max winch that was offered to me. Only stipulation is that I need 4 others to go in on it with me. This is going to be at no profit to the guy ordering so this is a good deal. I have already got one other person locked in besides me and a couple others pending. So, roger up if you want in or want more info. It will be the cost of the winch (any T-max winch) and freight charges.

Thanks

Rob

Jeepdogrob said:
Ok, so I have got a pretty good deal on a T-max winch that was offered to me. Only stipulation is that I need 4 others to go in on it with me. This is going to be at no profit to the guy ordering so this is a good deal. I have already got one other person locked in besides me and a couple others pending. So, roger up if you want in or want more info. It will be the cost of the winch (any T-max winch) and freight charges.

Thanks

Rob

Interested but what will the price be if all join? PM please.

jonboy said:
I'm gonna want a winch in about a month. Can you post up specifics, like models, price & est. shipping cost to so cal?
Does the "group buy" price beat this one?
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2D930002&N=115+400304&autoview=sku
compare the pics and specs to a t-max 9k, aside from the summit stickies, they're identical

can you get em with synthetic and alum fairlead?

They will be delivered to SO CAL area, I am in San Diego.

Price would be about that Shipped. So, it would be a bit cheaper.

From what I have heard/read the T-MAX is a pretty damn good winch. I cannot speak for a Summit winch. Someone on here could probably provide better insight into comparisons. (I would rather have the T-Max)

I am pretty sure there will be the option of adding "options" I will find out for sure tomorrow.

Thanks

Options are available with your choice of winch, at cost.

zjmikey is happy with his 2 year old t-max. If t-max is significantly less expensive than a Warn, I might take a chance on it.

Can you find out the cost for the EW9000 with 100' of either 3/8" or 5/16" synthetic, aluminum fairlead, a good hook, crush proof thimble and line protector?

The Summit and T-max are the same winches and they are made in China, not Oz. Stutz Industries is the US importer and verified that Summit's are the same. However Stutz does not warranty the Summit branded winches, if you get a bad one, you have to go thru Summit. Here's the web site for the Chinese manufacturer.
http://www.tmaxtools.com/

Web site shows 8 ft/min at 6000 lbs & 12 ft/min at zero load is pretty standard across the lineup of TMAX products.

Seems a bit slow on line speed. Unless the gears are REAL low an you have a lot of time to recover the winch line this may not be a good idea.

Any one have some experience with line speed on these winches?

nosigma said:
Web site shows 8 ft/min at 6000 lbs & 12 ft/min at zero load is pretty standard across the lineup of TMAX products.

Seems a bit slow on line speed. Unless the gears are REAL low an you have a lot of time to recover the winch line this may not be a good idea.

Any one have some experience with line speed on these winches?

I am by no means a winch expert but what am I missing here? The specs for the EW9000 (as per the t-max web site) shows:

10.2 fpm @ 6000 and 37.2 fpm under no load.

Help me out here.

If what I am reading is correct, it is comparable to the Ramsey Patriot 9500. (10.6 fpm @ 6000lbs and 35.4 fpm - no load)

Last edited:
erikwylie said:
I would be interested, please pm with a price, I must be ignorant, because I don't see a price anywhere.

Sent you a PM

Back