• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to NAXJA

juryrigjalopy

NAXJA Forum User
Just Signed up last night. Excited to go on some runs with yall.

Just bought this XJ, gonna pick it up next week from TX.

my YJs and their haulers.

Kejtar said:
Don't forget to vote ;)

Vote for what?

yall wouldnt mind a couple YJs on your runs would ya.

Last edited:
Welcome to the madness....:party:

Welcome, and thanks for joining. This is a great club!

Burly looking rig you're getting!

YJ's are not a problem, we're into wheeling, not being snobs.

As far as voting, there are positions open for the national Board of Directors.
We, as the SoCal chapter are officially endorsing Avery "Cracker" Genosi, and Dr Moab....you can vote for two.

We really would like you to go to the Members Forum and read the Candidate's bios, and make an informed decision.

You can vote here....http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=720502#post720502

Again, welcome, and we look forward to meeting you in person.

Dan, the Prez.

Last edited:
Thanks, Ill do my part and vote.

Welcome JRJ

It's nice to see a low post count and a name in RED.

juryrigjalopy said:
yall wouldnt mind a couple YJs on your runs would ya.

Nope, you will have to expect a few jokes about shorties though ;) (last run @ Calico Dan's buddy came out with his flattie and even though he had his wheelbase streched further out then an XJ we still.. ok primarily me... made shortie jokes ;) )

Last edited:
Dude, mike rollins was practically my neighbor. See yall tomarow mornin I guess, Ill be in the aqua blue beastly YJ. I want the TJ flares. And the YJs got a 106" Wheelbase, I believe that Ill have over 5" more wheelbase compared to a stocker XJ...needs 4 wheel steering, definetly not a shorty.

cracker said:
Welcome and thanks for voting!

A bunch of us will be at Mike Rollins house in the morning to help out with his yard sale. Come on over and introduce yourself.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=727213#post727213

See ya out there :wave:

Dude, mike rollins was practically my neighbor. See yall tomarow mornin I guess, Ill be in the aqua blue beastly YJ. I want the TJ flares. And the YJs got a 106" Wheelbase, I believe that Ill have over 5" more wheelbase compared to a stocker XJ...needs 4 wheel steering, definetly not a shorty.

cracker said:
Welcome and thanks for voting!

A bunch of us will be at Mike Rollins house in the morning to help out with his yard sale. Come on over and introduce yourself.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=727213#post727213

See ya out there :wave:

Nice meeting you today

:wave:

Who says we are not SNOBS!!!!
Dave Taylor is an XJ snob!
I'm an arrogant XJ snob!
These guys don't know what they are talking about!! :D
Rick R:sunshine:
(if its short...don't show it off in public)

juryrigjalopy said:
Just Signed up last night. Excited to go on some runs with yall.

Just bought this XJ, gonna pick it up next week from TX.

my YJs and their haulers.
I just saw in another thread that you posted about being a scuba instructor. Do you have any lines on decent shops that I could drop of my dive gear for check/tuneup and such? It's been sitting and doing nothing for the past 8 years and I think it's time for me to go diving again.

Jump This said:
Who says we are not SNOBS!!!!
Dave Taylor is an XJ snob!
I'm an arrogant XJ snob!
These guys don't know what they are talking about!! :D
Rick R:sunshine:
(if its short...don't show it off in public)
By the way its longer and wider than yours. :sad1:. Surgery has came along way and Im not afraid to show it. Ill even let ya touch it.

Kejtar said:
I just saw in another thread that you posted about being a scuba instructor. Do you have any lines on decent shops that I could drop of my dive gear for check/tuneup and such? It's been sitting and doing nothing for the past 8 years and I think it's time for me to go diving again.
I just started training to be an instructor so its mandatory to dm and co-teach several classes (kinda like an internship). Liburdis SCUBA http://www.liburdisscuba.com/ is probably the best shop in OC but you pay for it... I take all my classes there. But my lil brother works at Sport Chalet and gets prodeals up to 60% off and at least 25% off on everything else in store, so I go there for the prices but not the service, you really do get what you pay for. Not saying that your gear is outdated but SCUBA has came a long way in the last eight years, might be worth getting new gear if your gear needs a complete overhaul. I try to dive everyweek, but now that lobster season is over I might cut back a bit or dust off the speargun. I suggest diving with an experienced diver or taking a refresher course if you have not dove in 8 years as well. We do a few Dive/Jeep/SCORE trips to Baja a year Ill post up next time we go (BAJA 500? La Bufadora?) Ill be an underwater presenter at Aquarium of the Pacific next month on Fridays...stop by tap on the glass and say hi.

juryrigjalopy said:
Not saying that your gear is outdated but SCUBA has came a long way in the last eight years, might be worth getting new gear if your gear needs a complete overhaul. I try to dive everyweek, but now that lobster season is over I might cut back a bit or dust off the speargun. I suggest diving with an experienced diver or taking a refresher course if you have not dove in 8 years as well. We do a few Dive/Jeep/SCORE trips to Baja a year Ill post up next time we go (BAJA 500? La Bufadora?) Ill be an underwater presenter at Aquarium of the Pacific next month on Fridays...stop by tap on the glass and say hi.
Well, my regs probably could use a replacement, but that will happen after I start diving again. My BC is pretty good: Zeagle Ranger with integrated weight/ripcord setup. I will have to get a new wetsuit though cause mine probably got a bit small.
Anyways, I know of Liburdi's and yeah... they're expensive! I used to deal a lot with Coral Reef, but they have really scaled down their operation. Anyways we will have to setup a NAXJA dive trip one of these days ;)

Kejtar said:
Well, my regs probably could use a replacement, but that will happen after I start diving again. My BC is pretty good: Zeagle Ranger with integrated weight/ripcord setup. I will have to get a new wetsuit though cause mine probably got a bit small.
Anyways, I know of Liburdi's and yeah... they're expensive! I used to deal a lot with Coral Reef, but they have really scaled down their operation. Anyways we will have to setup a NAXJA dive trip one of these days ;)

I have the same exact BC probably just as old too. Zeagle Rangers in my opinion will never be outdated, best BC period. Liburdis sells almost exclusively Zeagle so I would go there for repairs, Sport Chalet carries nothing Zeagle. I use a the Pro Supreme farmer john wetesuit from Pacific Wilderness and have been really happy with it + they are super cheap for what they are because its not a name brand.

Back