• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MY 87 RENIX IS FINALLY FIXED!!!

csr_011

NAXJA Forum User
Well, after battling the darn thing for over 3 years after the engine rebuild and various other sensor/part replacements...a lonely little ground wire finally found its way into the mechanics site...

It was on the circuit with the coil or something. But anyways, its now reworked and grounded, my power trans switch also works again...who woulda thunk it??

Apparently it was corroded/broken/whatever enough that it finally tested out bad with some kind of ground testing tool where he would break the ground, then connect it. When broken, no spark, when connected SPARK!!!

That explains my intermittent and bumpy road cutouts and no starts...

We knew it was something simple and it took about 3 mechanics to figure it out. The big key was that it finally WOULDNT start when at the shop!! Usually they couldnt recreate the problem.

Hopefully this is the last time i have the NO START RENIX PROBLEM!!

Now onto the modifications!!

Thanks all,

Cory

Congrats...damn Renix. Hope I'm never in the same boat you were in, but I'm sure it'll happen before long. Glad to hear ya got it fixed.
-Collin

Back