• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 shafts ?

bretto

NAXJA Forum User
Which shaft is longer, the driver or passenger side?
Brett

Drivers side.

that is what i thought, thanks for the confirmation

I've got some c-clip D35 shafts.
You pay shipping you can have them.

Thanks but I dont need them....maybe some other poor soul with a 35 could take em. I have a 44. I was just curious if a 35 was like a 44 where one was longer.
Brett

Haleyes said:
I've got some c-clip D35 shafts.
You pay shipping you can have them.

Any idea if a 90'xj is c-clip? Newb just starting out and can see I shouldnt leave home without them. Sure could use D35 and D30 shafts but not sure if c-clip or not?

Thanks,
Ken (a poor soul)

klonestar said:
Any idea if a 90'xj is c-clip? Newb just starting out and can see I shouldnt leave home without them. Sure could use D35 and D30 shafts but not sure if c-clip or not?

Thanks,
Ken (a poor soul)
u got a semifloat dana35

He is telling you you have a semi float. They changed in 91 to c-clip crap. Easy way to tell is to pull the drum off and look at the part of the axle the wheel and drum mount to will have a hole between two of the wheel lugs. The hole is there so you can unbolt the retaining plate that holds the axle in.
Brett

i think the semi floats (bearings and seal on the shaft) have a hard filler plug cap, and the c-clips switched to rubber caps i beleive. anyway its prolly time for a fluid change, pull the cover and look inside the carrier and see if there is and C's holding on your axleshafts.

skyjackedxj96 said:
i think the semi floats (bearings and seal on the shaft) have a hard filler plug cap, and the c-clips switched to rubber caps i beleive. anyway its prolly time for a fluid change, pull the cover and look inside the carrier and see if there is and C's holding on your axleshafts.

Definately time for a fluid change as the Jeep was sorely neglected. I plan on changing and upgrading all fluids front to rear soon. Will double check then.

Sounds like the shafts wont do me any good.

Thanks,
Ken

The Jeep is at a friends house who is doing most of the "getting ready for inspection work" for me. Last night I went over and jacked up the rear and spun the tires, one went forward and the other backwards. Is this a limited slip or does Jeep do it different?

Thanks,
Ken

That means it's open. JIM.

Back