• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control Arms

Cherokeelaredo

NAXJA Forum User
I don't have much time to search becuase i need to bid on this item asap. I need to know what benefit (if any) i would have if I bought these Skyjacker longer control arms for a 4-5" lift. I currently am sitting at 4" with a skyjacker lift. What would be the benefit of buying these two contorl arms?
Now i know that my forn axle is held in place by 4arms, do i need to change all of them, or can i just change the two?
Sorry for the newbie Q.
Thanks.
9c_1.JPG

why do you need them? if you already have a skyjacker lift why would you need them?

ahhh. are they the lowers? usually if you arent replacing all of them i believe you just do the lowers. it looks like they have a flex joint at one end, that'll help.

yep. there are two lowers, and two uppers. the advantages of these over stock would be that they are stronger and should flex on the trail better. road ride wont change much.

You can just replace the lowers or none at all. It just adds more flex than anything. Stronger too. You'll notice when you're flexing, the lower control arms stop the front axle from going further down then it could with longer arms or adjustable arms. If you want a stronger arm or more flex get them. I left mine stock until I banged them up enough to warrant getting new ones.

Cherokeelaredo said:
I don't have much time to search becuase i need to bid on this item asap. I need to know what benefit (if any) i would have if I bought these Skyjacker longer control arms for a 4-5" lift. I currently am sitting at 4" with a skyjacker lift. What would be the benefit of buying these two contorl arms?
Now i know that my forn axle is held in place by 4arms, do i need to change all of them, or can i just change the two?
Sorry for the newbie Q.
Thanks.
9c_1.JPG

Make sure these are the lenghts of the LCA

Lift......................LCA.........
********Decimal**Fraction*
4”.............16.33.......16 3/8.
4.5”..........16.47.......16 ½...
5”.............16.62.......16 5/8.

There are NO "flex joints" in those arms,they look like poly.If you do any serious wheeling you might want to look at something else.

ha, well this explains why there was like 500 other people looking at and bidding on those. I knew that I needed them, and I knew that I wanted them yet.... for some reason this particular auction had a tons more bidders than usual?? i wonder??

Back