• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another TNT Y-Link Question

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I have read and read on this since it first came out. I am looking at getting the Y-Link System. What else will be needed to finish the job. I know I need the SYE and rear driveshaft, I'm also getting gears and lockers.
Also on the rear leafs what is everyone running with theirs? I like the idea of the 3.5" leafs but that adds a good chunk of change to the project. I was originaly planning on building another set of leafs using Dakota springs (thats what I have on the xj now) to do the rear but are the 3.5" springs going to be that much better? Its about an extra $400 to go that way and thats the difference between a lockright and a detroit.

My budget on this is $4000, that includes the Y-Link, gears, lockers, rear disks (junk yard). Do you think it is doable? If there is any left it will go to some home fab front and rear bumpers.

Oh and my first $30 went right here!!!

T&T sell's a whole lift with the y-link for around $2100, that should leave enough to do lockrights and gears, and a sye, if you shop right, the T&T lift comes with EVERYTHING you need to do the lift

mack said:
T&T sell's a whole lift with the y-link for around $2100, that should leave enough to do lockrights and gears, and a sye, if you shop right, the T&T lift comes with EVERYTHING you need to do the lift

X2...with 1900 bucks left over, you should EASILY be able to regear, lock and do your SYE with some careful shopping and would probably have enough left over to do a few other small things. Start shopping around now....i see complete used axle combos front and rear, geared, locked and ready to bolt up for under 1000 bucks quite often. Plus, youll be able to sell all the suspension parts you currently have if you go with the complete TNT route and probably make a few bucks back in the process.

I agree. By the time you get the TNT YLink and then get a decent lift with all the parts, it is tough to beat the price of the complete TNT kit. Plus it is the only kit I have ever seen that has an integrated TCase belly skid and a heavy duty Tie Rod included in the kit.

X1000. If I could do it all over again, I'd get the full TNT / RE kit. You know everything will work flawlessly together. Saves a lot of hassle trying to piece togethet stuff too. I also like how the full kit comes with 3.5" leaves, the 1.5" U-bolt eliminators and shackles. You can easily choose not to add the shackles or U-bolt elims and keep it at around 5-6", or add them for more lift later on down the road.

Get it, great kit. I'm already envious.

Chris

I'm working on doing the complete Y-Link suspension lift plus gears and lockers at the moment. Doing a quick estimate I would have to say my total for the lift, shocks, Detroits and gears F&R plus a SYE comes to about $4000. It might be a little over that after you add shipping and handling, but I try to pretend that doesn't exist. It makes me feel like I spent less money that way.

Jeffro600 said:
see complete used axle combos front and rear, geared, locked and ready to bolt up for under 1000 bucks quite often. QUOTE]

I have been looking around for a setup like this for the last 2 months and have not found any. If you find another set will you let me know. Or let me know where to look because I have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

jwtrapper said:
Jeffro600 said:
see complete used axle combos front and rear, geared, locked and ready to bolt up for under 1000 bucks quite often. QUOTE]

I have been looking around for a setup like this for the last 2 months and have not found any. If you find another set will you let me know. Or let me know where to look because I have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

I see that your in CO....have you tried Colorado4x4.org? Thats where i got my D30 with 4.88s and a detroit and my D44, spooled, alloy shafts, with 4.88s for 700 bucks.

Shop around and check craigslist too....they are out there if you know where to look.

Well $4000.00 is not enough. I went over a bit. I ordered the TnT Y-Link Suspension System and the unibody stiffiners. I also ordered 4.56's with a detroit for the back and a true track for the front and a SYE. I think I am about $300 over now. Shipping is what shot it over the limit. I knew shipping was going to be high but it was way over what I was thiking.

holy sh@t... I would have thought 4 grand was more than enough, with room to spare... maybe I'm just a bargain shopper

You gotta figure, that's a lot of steel you just ordered, it's going to weigh quite a bit... but it's worth it! :D

I'm part way through the TnT Ylink kit install myself (when I can find time). Right now my rig is in a borrowed garage with the front axle laying on the floor.:shocked: :laugh3:

You are gonna love this kit! I just put bilstein 5150's on mine and they really compliment the lift well. I used 12" travel on the front and 10" in the rear. 6.5 - 7" of lift.(I put the JKS rear shock relocation brackets on the rear so that shortened the shock a little) You can get the 5150's from Rusty's for 89 each. That is the cheapest Ive found.

Are 32's going to look too small with this? I see alot of cherokees are running 35's with this kit but I just cant see how its going to work out. I have 3" now and cut fenders and the 32's are way to big for that. Is 2.5" going to make enough difference to put on 35's?

bumpstops...and more cutting.

It should look ok on 32's. I saw quite a few guys on 33's with the TnT setup at around 6-6.5" when I was researching it and they looked really good as long as they weren't running bushwacker's. The bushwacker's made the 33's look tiny, but any rigs with stock flares, no flares, or TJ flares all looked like a good fit IMO. Plus that means less chance of rubbing when you're flexing, better gas mileage, less stress on the axles, etc.

Frank Z said:
That's alot of coin to drop at one time...WOW.

Yeah but adding up what you would have by doing it little by little, you would probably spend well over that.

Back