• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

could a.....

ladywolf

UH-60L Jeep Chick
front grill assy from a 97+ fit on a pre 97 2/ no problems? the idea popped into my head today at work. i kinda want the look of a 2dr, with the new grill (not that theres any probs with the old one). i've been puttering around the site, and didnt see any posts about it, but knowing me i coulda missed it.

any idears, questions, comments?

i'd add bitches gripes and complaints, but theres no purpose in that.

You can make anything fit with enough time and money.:confused1

Seriously though, you can replace the front clip basically if you want it to look like a 97+, You may also want to go ahead and replace the fenders also since they sre more rounded on the corners than earlier XJ's. I had started to buy stuf to do this on my MJ but never got around to doing it.

The best thing to do is go to a wrevking yard and find an XJ that got rear ended and just take everyhting on the front like the lights and all also. It will bolt up fairly close and may need a little massaging.

I hope that helped your question.

i'm not too worried about fenders...i can change them to make them look exactly how i want em too....and with the bumpers i just bought it doesnt really matter anyhew

but yep, thanks, that answers my question

Go-jeep did a similar swap. The header panels are different. I believe that he swapped grill, shell, and fenders.

I've done the swap. Replacing the header pannel, grill, headlight assemboly, and fenders. Search for my thread. There should be two.

thanks for the help guys:)

yet another project to do before i paint "heap"

Back