• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Missing when cold and before shifts

Lusty

NAXJA Forum User
My cherokee starts missing in the morning when i first start to drive, even when its not cold out but the engine is still not quite warm yet. It also does this when its warmed up, just not so no bad. I can hear a vacuum leak somewhere and it gets higher pitched the closer i get to a shift point (driving in city speeds)then goes down when it shifts. It is only apparent when it is under load driving, even slow acceleration. The symptoms are a weird miss like a stumble at 2000rpms exactly(i thought tps, but it got tested 2 times already), now at cruise speed this sucks, cause that is the rpm for my jeep at highway speed. When it misses at highway speed it really is annoying.
New parts so far: o2 sensor, egr valve and solenoid, plugs (plats), wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, 12v relays, ccv, 2 scopes on computer diagnostic, 2 electrical scans, tps tested twice.
i have a 90 cherokee auto, inline 6, 4x4...please help me solve this dam thing, its only been like a year now. thanks everyone for help, any info left out please ask

Start looking for a vac leak, it's time consuming yes, you can use some wd40 to start spraying the vac lines, at idle, when you find a leak you will hear the idle change. Also check some things for tightness, check the 4 nuts/bolts that hold the throttle body down, when the engine is cold spray the wd40 around the intake manifold but only when cold otherwise it might flash/ignite on you. Check the vac line that runs under the battery to the vac blimp behind the bumper, that hose is nortorious for getting eaten by battery splooge..

Those four bolts on the throttle body, how do i access those. I looked but it seems like i have to pull something else off to get to them, theres no direct access. Is this right? i have only did a quick look but will check again today

The 4 bolts or nuts around the throttle body ? about the only thing I can think of that might interfere would be that heat shield they put on some. Mine are right there. I try and remove my TB yearly for a bench cleaning...

Back