• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5 inch lift/bad vibrations?

smokeeaterXJ

NAXJA Forum User
We just installed the re 3.5 lift and we shimmed the axle 2 1/2 degrees. But we still get vibrations both when we accelerate and de-ccelerate. Any ideas? Transfer case lowering kit? different shims? we bought the 3.5 because we didnt want to use a sye or cv shaft. Its a 98 chrokee. thanx guys.

Here we go.

You can't ever assume that you wont need a SYE. Some get lucky...most do not. I did 3" lift and did SYE and CV shaft before all was good. Did you just throw in 2.5 shims hoping that would fix a problem or do you have driveline angles? Check out Tom Woods "Driveline 101". It's EXCELLENT and tells you exactly how to set up a driveline with a stock driveshaft and how to do it with a CV shaft. Google "Driveline 101" and you'll find it. If you find that your angles are off, I would certainly try and fix it with shims before losing an inch of ground clearance that you just spent hours attaining. KNow what I mean. Hope this helps you man. Welcome to NAXJA.

Did I mention that this is Membership Drive month? You can register and then get included in a raffle for an intimate evening with Lonnie Anderson and if I recall correctly....an on board air system??

Back