• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm in....member # 1557

MT Mike

NAXJA Forum User
Alright...I signed up for not 1 but 2 years. Figured if I was going to do it, might as well go all the way. Member number 1557. I run an 89 2 door Laredo, mostly stock. Have owned it about a year, has over 215,000 on the clock. Have spent that year taking care of maintanence issues. Plans for the future: 3.5" RE, 31x10.50/15 Toyo A/Ts, and some armor. Hope that someday you guys can come to Montana, if not I will be making an effort to come your way.

ECKSJAY said:
Welcome!

You'll have to show us around out there. :)

Yes welcome.

I've always wanted to go fly fishing in Montana for some browns! I would love to live over there also. Im considering it over the next few years. Beautiful state. So when are you going to host a Montana Run?
icon10.gif

Ah yes... Montana... Where men are men and Sheep get nervous...

OH!! :shocked: Sorry... This is the PG forum....

:wave: Seriously, welcome aboard!! Glad that you could join us!!

Mark

Sniggs said:
Ah yes... Montana... Where men are men and Sheep get nervous...

Mark

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to (baaa!) throw that out (BAAA!) there. I will have you know I am happily (BAAAAA!) married to a wooly, err I mean lovely woman. Seriously though, It would be great to have an XJ run out here, there are some very decent local trails. I hope to be able to make it for NWFest, or some other run out your way. Thanks for the welcome guys. The "BAAAAing" was just to show I do have a sense of humor. Mike

welcome aboard from the middle side of the 2 mountain ranges

i have a couple of 4-H sheep i'll give ya....only u gotta promise me that they wont come back to a permanent resting place on dads farm once ya get thru with em. I HATE THOSE THINGS

Ummm....no thanks. I think the whole sheep thing applies to the flatlanders further east. Thanks for the welcome aboard! Ladywolf, you and I have twin jeeps, the only difference I can see is you have different OEM wheels. If I can get some pics taken, I will post. Also, Ladywolf, from a former squid, THANKS for serving. Hope you and the rest of your crew make it home safe!

Hi member #1557! Nice to hear there's another squid around!! :) I'm a Richland, WA and Moscow, ID guy. I've got a son over in Williston, ND., so I head right past you on the trips to and from.

When you get your rig ready and some trails lined out, and a nearby campground and all, let me know. Will get a couple other people from this neck of the woods and head over to visit you. Who knows, we may be able to get some others from the West Side of the state to come over too. Would be really nice to be able to do something over in your area!

Take care and have a good one. :)

I'm a Richland, WA and Moscow, ID guy. I've got a son over in Williston, ND., so I head right past you on the trips to and from.

When you get your rig ready and some trails lined out, and a nearby campground and all, let me know. Will get a couple other people from this neck of the woods and head over to visit you. Who knows, we may be able to get some others from the West Side of the state to come over too. Would be really nice to be able to do something over in your area!

Moscow, ID? My mother-in-law is from there. Been over there 3 times in past year. Very pretty area. I've got some sweet forest service campgrounds around here that are close to trail heads, and as soon as I can get my rig ready will let you guys know. So do you know any of the Tietz clan? Yes that is their real name! Or maybe Bert or Joel Smith? They all live in Potlatch now.

Tietz sure seems to ring a bell... so I called up mom and gave her the info and my sister also. I spent the bulk of my adulthood off with the navy, so there's a lot of names that have faded. So will get back with you.

Yep, definitely worth a trip over there to go wheeling. A real pretty state!

mtnxj said:
Ummm....no thanks. I think the whole sheep thing applies to the flatlanders further east. Thanks for the welcome aboard! Ladywolf, you and I have twin jeeps, the only difference I can see is you have different OEM wheels. If I can get some pics taken, I will post. Also, Ladywolf, from a former squid, THANKS for serving. Hope you and the rest of your crew make it home safe!

thank you:) actually we're now a set of triplets. sams88 has the same jeep also, but with those goofy spoked wheels. i'm in the process of buyin all the stuff to lift mine...all i literally have to buy after the first is wheels and tires. but i promised myself no more jeep parts for about another 4 months. And actually, once my tour of this trip to the sandbox is done, i'm transitioning over to civilian life, might swap to the coast guard and do the same job, I dunno yet. Hope to meet up and go wheelin someday:)

Back