• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 LINK REAR PICTURES/INFO?!

LiftedWood85

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys i made the decisoin to deff do a 4 link in the rear... does anyone have any good links or pictures i could look at?? did a search and could find any good pictures...

Ya sure you didn't search hard enough? Go over to Pirate4x4.com, plenty of 4-link info over there. Or try XJDB.com for pictures. Ya sure your not going in over your head with a 4-link? Those who usually have to ask for basic info on 4-links are usually in for more than they bargained. Just my $.02.

LiftedWood85 said:
hey guys i made the decisoin to deff do a 4 link in the rear... does anyone have any good links or pictures i could look at?? did a search and could find any good pictures...

Did you search advanced tech? Search term = CAT

thanks guys... i have done alil thinkin bout the way i was gunna run it... i havent seen any ppl usein coils.. iv only seen coil overs?? i was gunna try to use stock fornt coils in the rear... they measure 18in.(no wieght).. my buddy has a 8in lift in his xj.. the measurements from the bottm of the rear "frame" to the top of the axle is 13in (with truck wt.) so were think about 10in of rear lift give or take.....

also if anyone has done a 4 link in there jeep chime in id like to talk to u one on one... iv done a 4 link in my chevelle but im not sure if buildin this one will be the same??

Front coils in the rear? You Really need to do alot more research and maybe find a local to you that has the knowledge to help you if you want to do this olny once and do it right.

FYI front springs are about 200lbs" rate and the rear should be sitting on about 160 ish. that front spring will make for less (maybe alot less) compression and rough bouncy ride.

a lifted TJ spring between the unibody rails and the axle tube may be a much better idea?

Also to work the numbers about right, you should be running the lowers up to the side of the frame and the uppers to just about where the rear seat pass ass's will be when they sit down.

from the sounds of it my friend you need to get this done by a fab shop if you don't have any idea what kind of numbers he is talking about.

ROBERTK said:
Front coils in the rear? You Really need to do alot more research and maybe find a local to you that has the knowledge to help you if you want to do this olny once and do it right.

FYI front springs are about 200lbs" rate and the rear should be sitting on about 160 ish. that front spring will make for less (maybe alot less) compression and rough bouncy ride.

a lifted TJ spring between the unibody rails and the axle tube may be a much better idea?

Also to work the numbers about right, you should be running the lowers up to the side of the frame and the uppers to just about where the rear seat pass ass's will be when they sit down.

I'm curious as to where you found these ideal spring rates. Stock fronts are WAY too soft for the rear. I've tried them and I hated how it rode on and off road.

-Jon

Back