• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Correct Oxygen Sensor

SPVFD47

NAXJA Forum User
Wondering if someone could help me track down the correct O2 sensor for my XJ. For starters is a 90 XJ - 2.5 TBI. I have a sensor with 3 wires. Went to Napa and had them look it up and they show a senosr with 2 wires. I asked to see the 4.0 sensor and it looks identical to my existing one. 3 wires, just that one of mine is a neon color and their sensor has it as red. I've noticed that sometimes the Haynes and Cliltons books are wrong with some the info having to do with my Cherokee. Its seems as thou some stuff is the same as a 91 and other stuff the same as a 89. It does use the Renix ignition system and ECU. The diagnostic connector on my XJ looks identical to the 4.0 MPI diagnostic connector also. I'm thinking that the 4.0 sensor is the one that I need and the 2.5 one that they list is for a carberated engine. Can anyone help me verify this ? They list the 4.0 sensor as a Bosch 12009 and the 2.5 as a Bosch 12008 if that helps.

Thanks in advance,
Doug

Back