• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfer case drop

TheBlueSub

NAXJA Forum User
i am going to be lifting my jeep and need some advice is a transfer case drop that is 4 1"washer/pucks better or is the retangular block better or is it just a preferance thing???and would a transfer case drop nessasary on a 3" when i intend to go bigger??or should i just wait and get a sye or can they be used together i dont wanna buy anything that will not be nessary later on thank ya'll for ya'lls help to

What year of XJ do you have? I have a 97 and put on the RE 3.5" and put on a 3/4" transfer case drop and it eliminated vibes. I say if you have a 96 or older, you should be fine without, but a 97 and newer it would be a good idea until you can get the SYE. And when you get around to getting a SYE, Perfromance Off Road Center has the cheapest unit I believe.

As for circular or square, doesn't matter, it's just a spacer, takes up ground clearance that you spent hundreds of dollars to get.....

i had read that article before i posted the topic and i own a 1990 cherokee pioneer(not sure what that means but its what it says)i plan on a 7-8" lift and roughfly 35" tires for mud and trail use and also a dd to work (2 mins away) i currently have purchased a 3" aal and coil spacer lift(un installed need shocks and still trying to make sure i do it right all at one time)and 31" maxxis buckshot tires (any thing i have over looked would be greatly appriceated)

THANKS

p.s.-do i need new brake hoses??what about steering??brakes??
and would 1/2"-1" worth of steel washers be sutible for a tc drop??or a dangerous combo??

you can get away without break lines probably, but it cant hurt to get longer ones. In the front you can straighten out the dog leg in the line to gain a couple inches.

just remember, the higher you gom the more problems youll have

Mothertrucker said:
i had read that article before i posted the topic and i own a 1990 cherokee pioneer(not sure what that means but its what it says)i plan on a 7-8" lift and roughfly 35" tires for mud and trail use and also a dd to work (2 mins away) i currently have purchased a 3" aal and coil spacer lift(un installed need shocks and still trying to make sure i do it right all at one time)and 31" maxxis buckshot tires (any thing i have over looked would be greatly appriceated)

THANKS

p.s.-do i need new brake hoses??what about steering??brakes??
and would 1/2"-1" worth of steel washers be sutible for a tc drop??or a dangerous combo??

if there is anything in searching you have found that people needed when lifting - yes - you need it...

brake lines, steering, trackbar, long arms, e-brake cables, driveshafts, SYE, Coils, leaves, shackles, adjustable uppers for the LA's, and a 48 pack of Bud to install it...

Back