• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a write up

trashedxj

NAXJA Member # 1386
ok ahead of time i apologize to spualman for stealing his pic!(only photo i found of what i need to explain what i want!)
ok i have front tj flares and have a set of rear yj flares i want to put on(wanted tj's but cant find them around here)
the way you all cut these and mount them hows that work and how do i do it(im sure its easy but i dont want to screw up in the process and be f'ed!
here if a pic of what im talking about...mine is trimmed up to do this but i dont know how, what tools do i need to do so etc.

http://forum.tkotrailriders.com/files/copy_of_pdr_0231_190.jpg

For the fronts, I just put them up against the body where I thought they should go and clamped them to the fender. Then trim the bottom of the fender to match the contour of the body. I made a template out of cardboard that I transferred to the flare and cut it with a utility knife.

The rears were a PITA. Getting the seam to look right took a lot of trial and error. Since the XJ body isn't flat like a TJ, the flares don't match up perfectly. I did one side by cutting the flare and then installing it. For the other side, I installed the flare first and then cut the seam. It came out a little better that way.

For the bottom of the flares, I bought some L-brackets from the hardware store since I ended up cutting away the portion of the flare that is next to the body.

Back