• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Peugeot to AW-4

feerocknok

NAXJA Forum User
Lol, was just reading another person's post about about swapping their manual, and realized I should check on my automatic.

I'm a day away from buying an '87 Comanche with the 2.5 and a bad 904. I just ordered a used AW-4 ($500) which comes with a torque converter, but do I need anything else besides fluids?

Hope I shouldn't have checked before ordering.

I did that swap a few years ago. You will need the t-case with the AW4, the floor shifter, the TV cable going to the throttle body, the driveshafts, the flex-plate, tranny cooler lines, tons of electronics, and probably some more stuff I'm forgetting. It's all pretty basic except the electronics, so I made my own manual controls (see sig).

feerocknok said:
Lol, was just reading another person's post about about swapping their manual, and realized I should check on my automatic.

I'm a day away from buying an '87 Comanche with the 2.5 and a bad 904. I just ordered a used AW-4 ($500) which comes with a torque converter, but do I need anything else besides fluids?

Hope I shouldn't have checked before ordering.

It's definitely not a straight swap as the AW4 is electronically controlled. Besides $500 for a used AW4 is pretty steep. I got mine for $50.

Now I'm feeling retarded. I got the Comanche at my house now, and I don't think it's even a 904. I took a few pics, can anyone identify it?

Didn't know what to take em of, so I just went around taking pics.

Also...are you putting the AW-4 into a 2.5L jeep? If so make sure the AW-4 you bought/buy is also from a 2.5L jeep...the 4.0L vs 2.5L bolt pattern is different.

Back