• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget lifting questions

feerocknok

NAXJA Forum User
I'm posting for a friend, so sorry if I have any details off, but here it goes.

According to JP Magazine, using V-8 Grand Cherokee coils up front, an XJ can get about 2" of lift over stock, and according to a guy on the internet, mixing and matching Dodge Dakota leaves in back can give him between 2 and 5" of lift.
3"ish is the desired amount of lift for him on this application. I told him it's possible to make UHMW plastic spacers for coils, I've done so on a Suzuki, but will this work for his Jeep?

He was also curious what else is needed for a 3" lift. I told him dropping the t-case should lower the d-shaft vibes, but he'll need new shocks. Anything else, and am I right?

Thank you, in advance.

BTW, I'm getting a Comanche this week! My first Jeep!

Why not just go to the junkyard and pickup a few stock coil spacers? Stack them as needed...

For 3", I would go with the zj coils and stack two stock coils spacers on top of them. In the rear do the dakota/xj leaf pack without using the bottom overload spring.

Last edited:
Back