• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just found you guys...

IMORTL

NAXJA Member #1156
:D

I just found this board...

I have an 87 XJ and go up to big bear quite frequently...

Last weekend I went to Deep Creek and Holcomb Valley...

Here is a link to some video I shot

I mostly got video of others but my XJ is the Ken Climb Video

If you go here you can see a funny video of an XJ vs a Hummer at Azusa Canyon...

Ken In Corona

Corona? huh? Well greetings fron Earth! You're half way to OC. sorry! LOL!!!

Seriously though, this is a good bunch. Good to 'meet' you.

Check th SoCal group forum. There are a few of us from the Corona area....and next weekend (8, 9, 10th) they are going up to Los Coyotes in the San Diego county area...come along!

Your in Corona?!?! Sweet..Im in Corona too, lets go hit some trails! I have a 89' on 33's...ever seen it around? Here is a pciture:
cover6.11.jpg

Anyways, I live off Werick rd...by Tom'sFarms. E-mail me at [email protected] if you wnat to go hit the trail some time. Im constaly up in BigBear too (Just got back from leading the 1st Annual Rockcrawler.com SoCal run July 19th and 20th) I know a good group of people to go wheel'n with around here, we are going to go up to Azusa Canyon once the water level goes down and on Labor day weekend we are going up to TruckHeavn hill's, you welcome ot come along!:D

Last edited:
Hey...I just saw some pictures, My group passed you guys on Sunday, we were exiting Holcomb Creek and you guys were just entering. I was leading the pack with a Yellow TJ, Blue TJ, Green YJ, and a Blue Zuki. I have some pics of your guys going through the Rockgarden. Its a small world I guess...lol Again, lets go hit some trails! ;) :D

Check out the photo album from that weeked: http://community.webshots.com/user/socalrockcrawler

I have passed you several times in Corona but I have never been in my Jeep... Im usually driving my wifes 99 ZJ limited when I see you. I also remeber you guys at the rock garden. I did get a chance to check out your XJ. It was pretty sweet. The next couple of weeks will be crazy as my wife is due on the 14th or any time before then. So I dotn know how often I will be able to get out. But we will definatly hook up...

Ken In Corona

Hey, congrats on the up comming future Jeeper! ;) :D Thanks for the complemts on the XJ, once things ease down a little for you we will do some wheel'n.

Hey Renegade

I think I have seen your XJ out at home depot off of Ontario a few months back. I waited around by it for 5 or so min checking it out thinking the owner would come claim it, but no one ever came out.

Hey Imortl

I have yet to run into you in Corona. I don't spend much time here except on the weekends due to work though. I work in Santa Ana and its one hell of a drive. I hope to get out more once I get my lift installed. Maybe even meet up with you guys some time. The jeep is an endless project with me though, but i'm sure you know that since I see you on jeepin.com. I hope to have the RE 5.5 installed by next month. I liked your shot of your xj on skyline drive over looking Corona. I used to go hang out up there when I did not feel like being in class.....ahhh high school.

-Scott

Sintax, that was my XJ!(Before I put on the lift, just had the tires on it.) I was over there getting some key's copied and stuff. Where in Corona are you? What do you have done to your XJ? We should go wheel'n sometime. Check out www.Rockcrawler.com , Thats where I usally hang out under the name of "RENEGADE". Check out the trail rides and events section, a few of us may be going up to Los Coyotes for Labor Day weekend.

sintax said:

Hey Imortl

I have yet to run into you in Corona. I don't spend much time here except on the weekends due to work though. I work in Santa Ana and its one hell of a drive. I hope to get out more once I get my lift installed. Maybe even meet up with you guys some time. The jeep is an endless project with me though, but i'm sure you know that since I see you on jeepin.com. I hope to have the RE 5.5 installed by next month. I liked your shot of your xj on skyline drive over looking Corona. I used to go hang out up there when I did not feel like being in class.....ahhh high school.

-

My Jeep is not a daily driver... If you see it in Corona, it is probably on the way to or from the trail...

The shot of my XJ over looking the city isn't Corona. It is off of the 210 Fwy at the Carnellian exit... I forget the city name... But there is a link on my web site to video of me climbing the hill to get to that shot. It is on the "Big Cucamunga Trail"...

I have just ordered new Springs for the rear which will bring be to 5" in front and 4.5" in the rear... when that is done I will be ready for 33's...

We will hook up and go wheeling...

Ken

http://www.geocities.com/an_imortl/page3.html

Last edited:
Renegade Jpr said:
Where in Corona are you? What do you have done to your XJ? We should go wheel'n sometime.

I live on Hacienda Dr. It is 3 streets north of Ontario. I live about smack dab in the middle between Main and Lincoln.

My jeep is 97.9% stock right now. I have many things in the works. right now I am building a rear axle for it, Dana44 out of an 89 XJ, full rebuild on it, 4.88's, Full Detroit. I just need to toss it under my rig. But I cant do that until I get my SYE installed w/ new driveshaft, then tires then lift. I want to have it done by the end of the month (if i get my sh!t together) end of Sept if I start to lag. It is still my daily driver, I hope to get a new car to drive soon too. I was going to wait until I get my new car before I go all out on my jeep, but I just dont think I can wait.

-Scott

Oh sweet, Im off Werick Rd by Tom's Farms. How much did that D44 cost you (without the build) Im currently looking for one. I got a D44 out of a junk yard but its full width and I dont feel like spending the cash on having it shorted ect...

Renegade Jpr said:
Oh sweet, Im off Werick Rd by Tom's Farms. How much did that D44 cost you

I bought it off of some local guy. I think I paid just over $200 for it. It was complete drum to drum. 3.55 gears and open diff. I acutally found it in the Recycler.com while i was surfing at work. I called the guy as soon as I got home. I said "can I come pick it up tonight?" He said "hell no, I am going to eat dinner and go to bed, but you can come by my garage tomorrow and pick it up, $215 cash." And the rest is history.

I used to off road a bit out by toms farms. If you exit the exit toms farms is on, and go right and spin around by the all the homes, and then you have the construction site on the right or maybe some gravel site (its been years) and then go back under the 15 fwy. Out that was is where we used to go ride dirt bikes and play around off road, not much out there that is any sort of a challange though.

-Scott

Yea, I go there every now and then too. Dawson Canyon is the name, there is nothing challenging unless you look REALLY hard. A buddy of mine and I went out there not to long ago and did some good crawl'n, it was a lot of fun at night too because you couldent see shit!

Thanks for the info on the D44, I just need to sell mine and get a XJ D44 with 3.55's.

Back