• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuck track bar bolt? Help?

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, I am trying to take out my old RE track bar and put in the new HD one. Only problem is, the bolt in the axle end of the track bar has siezed onto the metal sleeve in teh bushing. So, I cant get it out! Thus I cant get the rack bar off and cant get the new one on. So, anyone got any creative solutions to this one? Cant seem to think of any good ways to get this? Cant get a hammer on teh backside to beat it out, and its too stuck to pry bar it out, so what do I do?

PB Blaster always works wonders for me. Give it about a day or so to soak in, the you can try heating the bolt up a little bit, but not too much. You don't want to melt the bushing. Plus you want to make sure there is no PB left on the bolt. I've heard that stuff is flammable;).

I just did that today!!
Take the bracket off and move the whole piece to the top of a workbench and beat the livvin crap outa IT. I gaurantee you will at least feel better.
Mine came out with one mighty blast of the old minisledge.
I would move the old nut to the end to avoid messing up your threads.

Hope this helps.
Eric

A big crow bar always worked for me when that bolt is being difficult to come out. Sometimes it isn't seized up, it just doesn't want to thread out. Try the big crow bar or a claw hammer.

This happened to me and I ended up destroying the mount to get the TB off. I was junking the axle so I didn't care, but I know that's not the case for you. I would see if I could get a sawzaw up in between the bar and the bracket and cut the bolt.

Ary

How on earth does this happen? Do you guys ever look at the dates on these things? This happened well over a year ago! I finished it that day! How hilarious is that. Im still getting suggestions a year later!
josh

OOOOpps that is my fault. I wasnt looking at the year.
This was at the bottum of the page I was reading under similar topics or something like that.
LOL

Back