• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32's and 3 inch lift?

tommy1102

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 2000 xj and just bought a 3 inch skyjacker lift. since money is an issue right now i decided to go with the rear aal's instead of the spring packs. i was wondering if it is possible to fit 32's with that lift if i use a 1 inch spacer up front and a 1.5 inch shackle in the back? i was planning on 31 inch mt's but i'll go with 32's if its possible. if anyone has any comments suggestions please let me know.
thanks.

Only if you lose the the front bumper returns and consider some trimming in the fenders!

I doubt that you can add the additional 1.5" shackles and pucks without alot of expense on a 2000 xj. You will need a SYE I would guess (I am assuming you do not have one already).

You could do it with some minor triming and large bumpstops probably, but really you will probably be much happier with a good set of 31's.

Michael

if you put 1.5 spacer in the front and a 1.5 shackle in the back and you dont have vibrations then yes you can fit 32 without trimming but they will scrubb a little. it also depends on what 32 you use. Swampers are a true 32 where BF goodrich and some others are actually 31.5
The addaleaf was a bad idea. but it may work out for you since your jeep is so new. My adaleaf sucks and after 3 trail rides and 4 months of road ride i have to rebuild my springs this week end. It so was not worth saving $100
If you put the spacers on and you have vibrations then you will be dropping anouther 300-500 on a sye and new drive shaft. Is it worth running 32s?

On my '99 I ran 31" trXus with 3" of lift and no trimming...rubbed like hell...went to 4.5" of lift and it rubbed the ARB and that's it.

on 3" of lift with no trimming you will rub with 31's (97+) so I'd say 32's are not a possibility.

I currently run 6" of lift with 32x9.5 TSL Bias plys...the run about what a BFG 33 would run in height and the do not rub (skinny and I have lotsa lift...) and it doesn't look too damn bad...when I trim I'll move up to 34x9.5's:firedevil
15.JPG

22.JPG

Last edited:
BrianGibson said:
The addaleaf was a bad idea. but it may work out for you since your jeep is so new. My adaleaf sucks and after 3 trail rides and 4 months of road ride i have to rebuild my springs this week end. It so was not worth saving $100

Add a Leafs are not all bad, but a longer one will provide much more support to a old set of leaves than a short one. Either way, shackles and blocks will alow more flex and weekend a old set of springs much sooner than any aal.

Michael

I'm running a well worn 3" skyjacker lift with the spring pack and 1" rear shackles on a '97. I went from bfg 31's to 32" TSL radials. I had lots of rubbing in the rear of fronts and the back of the backs-does that even make sense? I have done lots of cutting, raised the flares, removed the rear quarter panels behind the tires, and lengthed my rear bumpstop by 1". Works good, but it was more work than a bolt on 5" lift.

I am running a 4.5" kit, which actually netted me about 5.5-6" with BFG 32 Muds. I've trimmed the front fenders and somewhat the rear ones too.

If you are flexed to the limit, the fronts will rub the fender. At the rear, I haven't reach that much flex yet, so I can't tell.

I would doubt if you can fit 32" without trimming a lot.

Rgds

Back