• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no high beams?

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
the wierdest thing happened to me today i just lost my highbeams now i did the normal things to check... my bulbs and then the fuse in the engine bay, i dont think its my flasher assembly becuase it shows high beams on my dash... is there another relay somewhere?

I am not aware of a relay being incorporated into any stock headlight wiring harness'. However, if you, or a previous owner has done this, it very well could be the problem. Ironically, the relay that I installed for the High Beams on my XJ went bad this weekend and I "mysteriously" lost mine.

Check under your hood for additional relays. Most relays used for lighting systems looks like this:
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?categorycode=3443&mfrcode=OPR&mfrpartnumber=A715

Good luck ...

Les

hmm still nothing i checked the all the grounds and wires coming off the headlights and all seem fine... now i looked up this "relay" at work and found that there is in fact an OEM headlight relay (for my 95 at least) anyone have ideas??? really puzzles me :-\

This happened on my 92 last fall. First thing I did was swap in a spare set of headlights. They worked. Put the "bad" set in the 96, they didn't work. I don't know what the problem was, but it hasn't returned. JIM.

I don't understand the wiring diagram. Maybe with a few days I could. I do know that I lost my low beams and high beams unless I held the high beam swith in all the time to get home that night. It turned out to be the headlight switch to the left of the steering column. Not sure how much power goes through that but replacing that what worked for me.

Back