• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle seal needed asap!!

88flexj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a hp44 from a 79 f-150. I used the Yukon master install kit. When we put in the axle seals one went in crooked and bent. The kit comes with two sizes of axle seals, one set small gumby green, and one set larger olive green. The one I need is the larger olive green seal. I am hoping maybe some of you needed the smaller ones, and have one of these leftover from your installs. I have looked all over for this seal with no luck. Back when we installed the gears, and bent the seal, I special ordered the replacement. It took two weeks to hunt one down. The parts guy said the part # crossed over to a Dana 60 part, so I am guessing the opening in the seal is bigger than the 44 shaft.I didn't put gear oil in the axle untill yesterday, now it's leaking Can one of you guys help a brother out? I can Paypal for shipping or whatever. Just dont want to buy another whole install kit. Thanks for your help, and sorry for the book:)

Anyone?

If you call Randys they usually can tell you the seal part numbers used in the kits. You could then go to the parts store and in their books it will tell you what size they are. Randys would also sell you just the seal. Hope this helps.

You should be able to get that seal at your local parts place. Do you have a part number that might help us out? I looked at Timken's site and didn't come up with anything. A part number stamped on the seal would help a bunch...

Thanks guy's. I will call Randy's. All of the local parts houses have the one I don't need. If I remember right the part# was 2300 on Timken or something. Not sure. I will buy another install kit if I have to.

Back