• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Benifit to swapping electronics for HO?

Overdriven

NAXJA Member #1020
Can't find a thread that states this but is there any advantage to swapping everything over vs. just modifying your existing electronics when doing a non HO to HO swap.

I have an '88 XJ and '91 XJ sitting side by side. I want to swap the HO into the '88. I don't mind the extra work if it would make a significant difference to swap all the electronics as opposed to just making the renix work with the HO head and TB.

Thanks.

I'd think it was easier to leave the RENIX system as are, than to convert to HO - but it's your rig. All I'm going to ask is that if you do convert, crate up all the RENIX electronics, and let me know when it's done. I've got a project or two in mind of my own that would require a couple full RENIX control systems (simulation and reverse-engineering.)

Now, if you want to convert to more "modern" electronics, I'd think more about GM/DIS than ChryCo SBEC - the GM system is easier to adapt, more aftermarket support is available, and it's easier to "adjust" the coding than pretty much anything else... I've got to get a run stand going...

5-90

Back