• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

do you get what you pay for?

leadfoot77

NAXJA Forum User
i was looking a lift kits and i found some company call rock krawler.. and they look kinda hookie so any one bought one of these and had problems.. or am i better off dropin the cash and buying the RE 4.5 inch lift.... thanks

01 xj limited we have power no where to go but up...

oh boy, here we go.....!!!1

well thats good to know it just looked like a deal but we all know about good deals im mean steals... well just thought id ask and see what you guys had to say right thats why this place is here..

01 xj limited all the power we need and up is the only place to go..

Not everyone thinks Rock Krawler is bad. Some of the first generation stuff had problems. I love my Long arms, steering and trackbar. Their stuff is very well built.

We could argue all day about who makes the best pickup truck also. The fact of the matter is that different people like different stuff. Fords, Dodges, or Chevy's etc etc.

I don't know about their full kits but my RK stuff works great.

You can't go wrong with RE though...from what I hear. I have no first hand experience with RE.

leadfoot77 said:
well thats good to know it just looked like a deal but we all know about good deals im mean steals... well just thought id ask and see what you guys had to say right thats why this place is here..
Nicely put!

Say! While you're here, maybe I could interest you in some more information? http://secure.naxja.org/html/naxjamemberapp.htm

;)

I love my RE 4.5"

Rockkrawler has been questionable for awhile as the first stuff with the name was crap, thats seems to be all over with the new owners. Havn't heard anythign bad really for the new stuff.

RE stuff is ok, I'd try RK over RE.

X2, that's my setup, it's been great to me.
BrettM said:
TnT with RE would be my choice if I was going bolt on.

All company's have there good points and there bad. I'm running RE short arms with drop brackets and they work very well. At lower lift heights the drop brackets hit everything, I imagine I will be running them for some time. If I was doing it all over again I would run the TnT arms. The added benefit of the TnT is the skid plate.

Greg

mashee3.jpg

my little brother likes his rockkrawler lift

my brother has my old RE kit (that i never put on my jeep) on his wifes cherokee and she loves it. i'm in the process of getting a new one:)

it just depends on what you really want, and what price you are willing to pay

BrettM said:
TnT with RE would be my choice if I was going bolt on.

X2

i dont think re is the best either, i run the clayton 8 hard arm kit, which uses claytons arms, with all rock krawler suspension, ie springs, trac bar, and shocks. The leafs suck, but every thing else works very well......if i was to do it again, i would do the clayton arms, bigoffroad leafs, and rock krawler front springs and trac bar. Bilstein shocks.

Back