• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix plenum adapter

Lodi Jim

NAXJA Member # 1537
Does anyone know of an adapter that allows you to bolt on top of Renix plenum and use the stock rubber air tube to cross over the valve cover?
Any other ideas for the Renix to have an air tube over the valve cover?

Any particular reason why?

Apart from the fact that CARB gets uppity about things like that, I'd think you might run into the hood if you run that air intake tube between the valve cover and the hood...

If there are enough takers, I'd be willing to design one...

5-90

TJ's are like that,might want to take a look at one.

RCP Phx ---TJ's are HO, meaning they basically have a hose clamp that attaches the stock rubber air tube, Renix have an off-centered bolt pattern.

5-90---Reason is to have an air tube run through the firewall, through the
glove box and up to the inside A-pillar of the roll cage. This will: 1 restrict
the use of the glove box; 2 bring intake noise inside the cabin; 3 move the air
intake to over the level of my head, ala snorkel; 4 removable (bolted plenum adapter) for the smog nazis

Any ideas?

I've been wanting to do similar - my ideas run from the HO throttle body conversion, which uses the Renix TPS, and rotating the intake tube 180, to cutting the stock Renix rubber tube and hose clamping a muffler pipe reinforcement at the parting line. The radius is so tight I now think 3M Trim Cement might work better to connect the cutline (this stuff is awesome - I fabbed a black steptread coozie for soda pop from 1/2 inch foam industrial matting.)

The point is to run cowl induction on the passenger side through a compatible air cleaner with enough capacity for a stroker, about the same.

I just took the flange that reinforces the stock air tube attachment, and welded 3" mandrel bent exhaust tube to it, with a little extra triangle piece for the idle-bypass. It goes over the valve cover, and there's a big K&N hanging off of it.

I've even got a CARB number on it, borrowed from another manufacturer!

CRASH--- That is a Wonderful idea. Wish I still had access to a machine shop,but I could duplicate your idea at work. Unless you want to make some
more.....

Thanks

No time to make more.....between setting up diffs for people, and trying to get my latest round of upgrades done on my Jeep, I'm booked.

PM if you need the magic CARB number.

Back