• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 squeal

OldMan777

NAXJA Forum User
1994 xj AW4 trans. Got a squeal at low rpm, below 1600. Today Im going to pull the pan, flush and replace filter and add Lucas Oil to it. Not sure what my gear ratio is, but its high, like 3.73 or something and Im running 35" bfg's. So Im sure Im just torturing my trans. 4.56's is the plans but as everything, time and money. Anybody else experianced this squeal?

OldMan777 said:
1994 xj AW4 trans. Got a squeal at low rpm, below 1600. Today Im going to pull the pan, flush and replace filter and add Lucas Oil to it. Not sure what my gear ratio is, but its high, like 3.73 or something and Im running 35" bfg's. So Im sure Im just torturing my trans. 4.56's is the plans but as everything, time and money. Anybody else experianced this squeal?
I doubt it's the transmission at all. More likely is the T-Case is low on fluid or the pump in out.

Back