• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 More shock pole!

mgfabpd

NAXJA Forum User
After the results of my last pole, I was set to order the Bilstein 5150's, then I came across the Rancho RS9000X w/ remote res. which I think I would actually prefer, just for the adjustability, and the ability to mount the res. wherever I choose. The downfall here is the Bilsteins are $90 ea. & the 9000's are about $180 ea. I want the 900's, I just dont know if I can justify the price difference if the Bilsteins are as good as people say they are! I need to order my shocks today, and I am going to go w/ whatever you guys say! Once again I will hold out untill I get atleast 10 responces, but dont stop there, I'd like to see as many votes as possable to reassure myself that I made the right desision!

I messed that up, and forgot to add the pole, anyone know how to edit this post, and add a pole?

mgfabpd said:
After the results of my last pole, I was set to order the Bilstein 5150's, then I came across the Rancho RS9000X w/ remote res. which I think I would actually prefer, just for the adjustability, and the ability to mount the res. wherever I choose. The downfall here is the Bilsteins are $90 ea. & the 9000's are about $180 ea. I want the 900's, I just dont know if I can justify the price difference if the Bilsteins are as good as people say they are! I need to order my shocks today, and I am going to go w/ whatever you guys say! Once again I will hold out untill I get atleast 10 responces, but dont stop there, I'd like to see as many votes as possable to reassure myself that I made the right desision!

Don't fall for the Rancho gimmick, dude... 5125 user here. I swear by these things and I wouldn't run Rancho crap again if they gave it to me. ;)

mgfabpd said:
I messed that up, and forgot to add the pole, anyone know how to edit this post, and add a pole?

What POLE are you talking about? Do you mean POLL? :)

I'm going w/ the stripper thing!
Anyways, I decided on the Bilsteins - thanks guys
If anyone is intrested, I will do a write up on this. I need to replace the rear cargo area floor becouse it's rusted to hell, so I am going to get the longest shocks available, and run them up threw the floor, and attach them to the cage. I am hoping to seal up the hole around the shock w/ some CV boots from a car, or maybe a big truck shifter boot. If anyones intrested in a write up, let me know, so I can figure out how to post pics! I dont know how many times I have screwed that up

Back