• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy (kinda)

CajunXJ/ZJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey every body I'm CajunXJ/ZJ, formally Cajunzj. I bought Dukes69's XJ and am gonna use it as my primary off road vehicle. I got alot of plans for it and should have it trail ready in less than 2 months. so far I've done big bear/ john bull, last chance, miller, TDS, Clear creek, spotted on the rubi, going to the duicey real soon. I'm in the central valley so I can get anywhere in the state in a matter of hours.

Welcome too. btw, WTF is Lemoore?

Tim :cool:

Cool, welcome aboard! I thought about buying that XJ too!

Hey Cats have tails, so do Lemurs. From what I understand from Farmer Matt, they don't live in the same part of the state. Kejtar, does this mean that we should feel sorry for them? Damn. Nature can be so cruel.:D

FarmerMatt said:
Hey from down the street in Madera. Why are you joining this sorted group of SoCal sunshine boys when you belong in the Sierra chapter? Brush these guys off & join with the cool kids. :)

Matt

If you didn't know yet Matt, Fresno City limit is the border of the Sierra Chapter. It's what Kevin told me, I of course thought at least Fresno County would have been better. Oh well, If we get enough Central Cal boys we can have our own chapter. I of course am in no hurry to start that.

I'll play it neutral right now. The reason I went to So-cal chapter is cause I wasn't paying attention to the different groups. You guys are a liitle more organized than NAGCA and jeep forums (which were my primary jeep forums), anyway I do about 12-16 runs a year, 70% of that in so-cal, but if you frenso guys ever met up let me know and I'll come up. the jeep will be ready this weekend

saturdays are good for me too. I'm military and have weekends off and a 3 day weekend every other week. I won't be locked by the 14th so ducey's out, if you know of some good places around here for a day run, I'm game. Let me know, I gotta get it off road and see what I can do in it.

I'm full-time at the Fresno Air National Guard, if you couldn't tell. I wish we would go back to 4 10hr shifts or even our funky 9hr with every other Monday off.

Anyway, this Saturday, I'm working on my SYE and D44. If I have it done, I can probably do a good day run.

Dusey is out for me for awhile. In my section we are becoming a bit short handed. One is moving on to another section and another is being deployed for 6 mos. :( it's a real bummer, but I got to do the Con this summer, :)

chuck...i agree, we 'stuck in the middle boys':) need our own chapter...the "goatman" chapter...:D just a little plug for big brother....then again i guess it would be a state -wide special chapter!!

I just went on the Con about 3 weeks ago with the jeep forums group, didn't take my ZJ but I rode with the trail leader and spotted 8 out of 10 jeeps. Is tough but we only had minor problems, (blown beads, and a little body damage,) and locker is good to have but one of the TJ's was open on 33's and she had no problems. I'd be up for a run maybe in late Sep; I got a few things I'd like to do first. If you got anywhere you want to go after you get your axle done let me know.

What kind of mods do you have?
I got 5 inches with springs/spacers, adj. UCA/LCA's 33' BFG AT's bulletproof rear bumper, custom rock sliders, MORE heavy duty steering system, and a couple other gizmo's

Back