• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Gear Special

GrayT

NAXJA Forum User
Ordered these about 2 weeks ago and completely forgot to ask them about what company they're using for their gears, and if they provided install kits or not.

Well, got them in today. I ordered the D30/C8.25 Combo for $400.

What I got in the box:
Superior D30 4.56 Gears
Superior D30 Overhaul Kit
Superior C8.25 4.56 Gears
Superier C8.25 Overhaul Kit

I was really impressed to have gotten 'Superior' products AND and OVERHAUL kit for just $200 an axle. I've priced other stores, namely Northridge4x4, and for Superior gears with an Overhaul kit, came out to be $234.94 an axle.

I just wanted to let everyone know who is prospecting to buy gears and wants some Superiors, go with Rusty's before their promotion ends!

**Note** I don't work for Rusty's nor do I recieve any sort of funds for this ** End Note*

:angel:

...not to mention they had the FRAM SureDrain for the ultra-lazy type, me of course.

GrayT said:
Superior C8.25 4.56 Gears
Superier C8.25 Overhaul Kit

I was quoted by a vendor here on NAXJA for this, Superior parts, $326. Rustys definitely had the better price.(Also a NAXJA Vendor, just not very advertised) And actually cheaper then another vendor quoted me for the same parts from Yukon..............:thumbup:

hmmmm i need some 4.88's but i have to wait and see if I can get this Dana 44 from an XJ for 400-500 bucks...cheaper than the jeep recycling places.

When I swapped in my 8.8, I had to regear the D30. I bought mine from Complete Offroad. Yukon Gears and a Timken install kit for $188 to my door. It's the deal on their homepage. www.completeoffroad.com I shopped around quite a bit and they beat everyone.

westsacxj said:
Was there a shipping charge? I was thinking of going with this deal http://completeoffroad.com/wsm/i-972_front__rear_yukon_gear__install_kit_package_deals.html
Is Superior a better deal? There is no shipping charge for the completeoffroad set.

There was a shipping charger, which was $60 something. I went to that page, and it doesn't list anywhere about what axles the "front and rear" correspond to.

Finding gears for a decent price for my C8.25 is alot harder than D35 gears. I don't know the difference between Yukon and Superior. Normally I research those kinds of things, but when I saw the deal on gears I had some money burning a hole in my pocket! Haha...

EDIT: Just saw Haleyes' post about the deals on the front page. So they put the gears together for you... I also see that they offer the C8.25. That's probably the best deal I've seen around!

Last edited:
GrayT said:
There was a shipping charger, which was $60 something. I went to that page, and it doesn't list anywhere about what axles the "front and rear" correspond to.

Finding gears for a decent price for my C8.25 is alot harder than D35 gears. I don't know the difference between Yukon and Superior. Normally I research those kinds of things, but when I saw the deal on gears I had some money burning a hole in my pocket! Haha...

EDIT: Just saw Haleyes' post about the deals on the front page. So they put the gears together for you... wonder if they offer a C8.25 or not? If they do that's probably the best deal I've seen around!

Complete Offroad said:
WE WILL HAPPILY PUT A PACKAGE TOGETHER FOR ANY APPLICATION. PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL UP AND WE'LL GET YOU ROLLIN!

Call them.

Haleyes said:
Call them.

I edited my post just after your reply. I was also reading that the package deal only comes with the install kit. You don't need the overhaul kit, I know, but if you were to compare apples to apples, the Rusty deal is still better... even if CompleteOffRoad ships free.

rusty's shipping is ridiculous...it's like a million dollars for 400 dollar gear thing...it's ridiculous...so i got mine at 4wheelersupply.com free shipping and yukon gears...not bad

codeman8118 said:
rusty's shipping is ridiculous...it's like a million dollars for 400 dollar gear thing...it's ridiculous...so i got mine at 4wheelersupply.com free shipping and yukon gears...not bad

The website insurance is inflated. Pick up the phone and call them, shipping on that package to Colorado was only around $30. All of this came in a large box.

Gears.jpg

I was quoted by Complete as well using their little package thing. They were cheaper, by about $67 IIRC. But for $67, I opted for the Superior parts. Nothing wrong with Yukon parts, minus the fact that the 8.25 4.56s are on backorder, and have been for about a year now.

91 Jeep Project said:
The website insurance is inflated. Pick up the phone and call them, shipping on that package to Colorado was only around $30. All of this came in a large box.

I was quoted by Complete as well using their little package thing. They were cheaper, by about $67 IIRC. But for $67, I opted for the Superior parts. Nothing wrong with Yukon parts, minus the fact that the 8.25 4.56s are on backorder, and have been for about a year now.

Ah damn. I knew I should have called them, unfortunately I was placing an order at 4AM, so that wouldn't work too well. Didn't know that about the 4.56's being on backorder.

Just got off the phone with Predator 4x4, they wanted "around a grand" to install these suckers. Hell no! Anyone know how to install these wanna help? I'll pitch in some cash if need be. I just can't take the time to sit around and do these myself for a week since this is my daily driver.

I bought the Rusty's special back in December (4.56's for my 8.25/30). Shipping wasn't too bad for the weight of the package.

I was impressed to get superiors for such a low price.

GrayT said:
Ah damn. I knew I should have called them, unfortunately I was placing an order at 4AM, so that wouldn't work too well. Didn't know that about the 4.56's being on backorder.

Just got off the phone with Predator 4x4, they wanted "around a grand" to install these suckers. Hell no! Anyone know how to install these wanna help? I'll pitch in some cash if need be. I just can't take the time to sit around and do these myself for a week since this is my daily driver.

Get ahold of xjrrrdx on the Colorado4x4.com board. He knows a place that will do bench top installs for about $130 each.

I was quoted $440 for Yukon 4.56's with master install kits shipped to my door by another company. Pretty good pricing in my book. Ended up finding them at a local shop for a little less and no shipping. Should be installed next week along with a Detroit TrueTrac in the rear.

Twistedimg said:
I was quoted $440 for Yukon 4.56's with master install kits shipped to my door by another company. Pretty good pricing in my book. Ended up finding them at a local shop for a little less and no shipping. Should be installed next week along with a Detroit TrueTrac in the rear.

What was the shop you got quoted that price from?

Did the rusty's special come with a new carrier for the D30? Im going from 3.55 to 4.56 so from what I remember I need a new carrier as well.

Back