• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what should I do

redneckjeeper94

NAXJA Forum User
ok im 18 been into offroading for about 2 yrs, I currently have a 94 cherokee with a 5 inch lift on 33s. I am going off to school in august for aircraft mechanics so I will learn welding and all kinds of stuff there. Here is my problem. My jeep just got a brand new paint job and totaly redone looks wise (my dad wanted it done) so i cant really wheel it much now or he'll get pissed if I screw it up. He also bought me a 1988 grand wagoneer for 325 dollars as a christmas present to turn into a trail rig. The motor is hunk of junk and I would need to replace the whole motor and everything, then still there are other problems with the transfer case and interior problems. But the thing i like is that it has front and rear dana 44s. I was thinking of snatching the 44s off of it and finding a decent running cherokee and building a rig out of it and put the 44s on it and do a leaf spring conversion in the front. I was thinking of going this route because by the time i got the wagoneer running id have so much money in it that could be spent making a good trail rig out of the other cherokee.

here is the set up for the other cherokee that i was thinkin of

front leaf spring conversion
6-7 inches of lift in front and back
4.56 gears
36-37 inch tires
chopped top and sides to make room for full cage
sye
custon front bumper with winch
thinkin about hydrualic assisted steering
many other modifications im sure but thats the jist of it.

so what would naxja do? lol

Back