• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap and small lift

samzuki

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I know I'm a newbie, and I'm supposed to search everything. Well the search came up with alot of 3"-4.5" lifts. So I'll ask. The worst that can happen is nobody will take the time to aswer,so....
I already have 30" Procomps on stock wheels on my 99 Sport. I haven't done any trailing for fear of the rubbing hurting something. I need just enough lift to fit these tires (no future upgrades), without it costing a fortune. I assume a 2" lift is what I need. If I'm wrong let me know. I see spacers and Grand coils are the usual front end deal. Will these affect the driving (or anything else) if I don't change control arms? Opinions on the pros and cons of the two would be great. The rear I've seen shackles, blocks, and Dakota packs. Again what am I looking for considering my needs (mild trailing, Mom-mobile). What Dakota packs will work? Is it a direct bolt-on? I just want a couple of inches so I don't have to worry, and so my wife will think her truck is cool.:confused1

Thanks goodburbon, you pointed me in the right direction! Rock Lizard Fabrications has a great write up on the ultimate budget boost! Sorry for asking a question that's been aswered a million times.

Back