• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what new steering for prerunning?

JEEPSPEEDRCR

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to get new steering for my xj. I use it for prerunning. I looked the sticky about dana 30 steering but i don't know which one will be best for prerunning. I have a full-traction 6in long arm system and a 1.75 coil spacer. 11in travel fox resi's. What steering setup do you guys recomend? Eventually this jeep will possibly be raced in jeepspeed1
thanks

how much leeway do the JS rules give you?
can you go crossover? or WJ knuckles and brakes with crossover (I kinda doubt it)? or do you have to stay inverted Y?

I'm just finishing up our new hi-steer, it will really help reduce the angles w/ that much lift, and it's tuff as hell.
3/4" heims - 1.5" o.d. DOM .250 wall

i believe that js allows crossover but im not positive on that. I think that i want to go crossover unless there is a reason to use a stock style setup for prerunning?

I think the tera highsteer is a great kit for the money if it's allowed and you're going over 6". I probaly spent around 300 building mine with new solid stock parts that are easily replaced in junkyards. The tera is only 200 more and gives better angles.

Back