• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New driveshaft. Does this look right?

jdbwrx

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.lgmmodel.com/jason/jeep/driveshaft.jpg

I just got my new Tom Woods driveshaft in, and wanted to make sure this looks right. I don't know if that is an appropriate amount of "inner shaft" to be showing.

Also, I am having some vibration issues, and not sure if it's the pinion angle, or the new rear gears that I had installed. I still have the 4* shims from before the SYE/driveshaft, and it kind of looks to me like the angle is not quite right, like the pinion is pointing too high.

To try and nail down the vibes, my plan was to: 1)pull the shaft and see if I still have the vibes without. 2) take out the shims

Any help would be appreciated.

Angle doesnt look that bad,but the angle of the shot really doesnt show much.As far as length,"its to short" if thats their std 3" yoke.

lil' XJ said:
That is the front w/ a slipyoke & not rear w/a SYE/CV shaft. Pinion is too high.

O I get it thats one of them new XJ's with leafs, muffler and ebrake on the front.....I got an Idea try to know what you talking about before you post.....

It does look like the pinion is above centerline a bit. I agree that it should be a few degrees lower than centerline. Under acceleration it will go too high like that. Mine was like that when I got it. Dropped the pinion and balanced the shaft and it's smooth now.

JMO..

jdbwrx said:
I don't know if that is an appropriate amount of "inner shaft" to be showing
I still have the 4* shims from before the SYE/driveshaft, and it kind of looks to me like the angle is not quite right, like the pinion is pointing too high.
To try and nail down the vibes, my plan was to: 1)pull the shaft and see if I still have the vibes without. 2) take out the shims

Actually, I think your doing a pretty good job yourself figuring it out :)

Back