• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for cheap theft deterrent

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have any ideas?Besides an alarm.....

never mind...found what I was looking for.How do you delete a post anyway?????

Last edited:
:laugh2: try theese haha

protector-flat-wheel.jpg

enforcer-suv.jpg

immobilizer.jpg

pit bull or doberman both work well

.357 or Colt 45 seem to work realy well

Just leave a sign saying "Steal Me" on the dash with the keys in the ignition. Locks are only there to keep honest people honest.

Fuel pump cutoff switch or ignition immobilizer

klonestar said:
I find an "I Support The Hells Angels" $2.00 decal works GREAT! :angel:

Really!

no lies, those work pretty well and for the crooks the can't read id get a big dog. mine works real well. not only will they detere criminals but they'll also chase after em and eat em.

Dobey.jpg

Works better than any alarm

if anyone stole mine they would leave it on the side of the road at the first place they went over 35 mph and the death wobble started :doh:

Kind of a cheap alarm is to install a cheap alarm kit but put two speakers inside the jeep in addition to the one outside.
Personally I'd like to put one of those air raid sirens inside and locking door bolts so once they were inside and triggered it they could not get out again...the ones that are about the size of a short garbage can and spin up to about 10,000rpm... a minute or two of that and the only thing they are good for afterwards is as maybe organ donors...don't know what it would do to the windows though..probably need a couple of red tops to drive it too..

How about an alarm that was hooked to a can of mace so when they broke into the car and tried to start it the mace would spray them in the face. Silent alarm, that when set off armed the mace, and when the engine turned over the mace would fire. The only hard part of the setup is routing the mace nozzle to shoot at the driver.

Or how about a pepper spray grenade.

Slippery slope stuff, maceing the driver could cause an accident, same with spring loaded punji stakes under the drivers seat, even hanging fishooks under the front seats gets iffy... a 300+db siren you *might* get away with...

It would be an instant thing. As soon as the key it turned to the run position the tear gas/pepper spray goes off. They won't have time to put it in gear, much less drive too far.

Back