• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 " RE coils installed 6 months ago. Now driver side sits 1 " lower !

canadianwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I installed RE 4.5 " coils 6 months ago and i have been noticing it that the driver side was sitting a little low but thought is was just my eyes playing tricks. So today i finally pulled out the tape measure and the drive side is sitting 1 " lower! Anyone else have this problem with RE coils? Anyone know why this might happen? I think my driver side shock might be going , could that of caused the sag?

The shock isn't likely the culprit.
Check to make sure the coil is seated properly in the spring cup.
Also, check that the rubber isolator is in place above the coil.
If these are both okay, it may be possible that the coil is sagged more than the other.
If so, contact RE about this and see if they will swap out for new.

It could also be your rear springs or your swaybar(s).

Okie Terry said:
The shock isn't likely the culprit.
Check to make sure the coil is seated properly in the spring cup.
Also, check that the rubber isolator is in place above the coil.
If these are both okay, it may be possible that the coil is sagged more than the other.
If so, contact RE about this and see if they will swap out for new.

I put new isolators in when i installed the coils so those are fine and the coils seem to sit ok. From what i heard RE has the shittiest warranty in the business but i could try.

check where the coil seats on the axle. the bracket is specifically formed to hold where the coil terminates ON the bracket instead of just haphazardly wrapped around causing a loss of that section of the coil as measurable lift. Many friends of mine reinstall their coils without thinking about that little fact and lose close to an inch because the coil isn't rotated into the proper position

canadianwheeler said:
From what i heard RE has the shittiest warranty in the business but i could try.
I sure wouldnt know about their warranty,out of the seven kits Ive installed over the last 8 years Ive never had ANY problems.Been thru alot of other manufacturers crap though.
BTW,I did try dealing with RE directly early on and was not really impressed with their customer service.After that I took all my business(when possible) to Dirk at DPG(gotta love that man).

Last edited:
maybe you should lose weight? :gee:

Seriously, at least from the factory, the drivers side coil is .5" taller to compensate for driver weight. Dunno if RE does that too, but I would flip the coils. If it's still unlevel, get a spacer to shim one side up, they're like $20.

I was swapped out my procrapper coils for re4.5's and I thought it would take care of my lean, turned out to be the rear leafs causing the difference, new re packs have corrected the problem.

I installed RE 4.5 " coils 6 months ago and i have been noticing it that the driver side was sitting a little low but thought is was just my eyes playing tricks. So today i finally pulled out the tape measure and the drive side is sitting 1 " lower! Anyone else have this problem with RE coils? Anyone know why this might happen? I think my driver side shock might be going , could that of caused the sag?

if you damaged any part of your control arm geometry your suspension could be binding, i damaged an LCA mount and it wraped my geometry a bit and made one side sit lower. Check for that

Does anybody read the dates on these threads?

holy crap, apparently not, who the hell dids up a thread that old?

Back