• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Supernerfs of JCR stage 2 rock sliders?

Starscream

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to be buying some rock rails soon and I have decided on a nerf bar style. I've narrowed it down to JKS and JCR. Right now I am leaning towards JKS, but they are about $175 more than the JCRs. If you've had experience with either I'd like to hear it to help make a decision. Thanks in advance.

I also have a JCR winch bumper and love it... it is really beefy... I didn't stumble onto their company before I bought my rockrails or I would have gone with them. I ended up with 4real steel rockrails.

i have seen JCR skid and i dont see how you can beat the value of it with the JKS costing $175 EXTRA. Thats a very hefty premium your paying for the JKS name. I like the JKS stuff they make great products with great warranty and stuff. JCR is good tough stuff thats a great price. I think they are one of the value leaders across their whole line of stuff. Very good quality very good price. Go with the JCR on the skids for sure.

Last edited:
i got my jks for just over 300 plus shipping. They are great and by far one of the best products i have ever seen. They are def more hardcore than i need

I have JCR's stage 2 sliders. I've beat them pretty hard and they haven't even cried. Easy to install too, had mine on in about an hour. Their stuff is BEEF, IMHO. Brian and the guys will treat you right. (If you want the best deal, ask for "Ronnie the Intern".:confused1 ) The only complaint I have is that I have a hard time keeping paint on them. I keep scraping it off while wheeling! Thats OK, I bought them to use, not to look pretty.:D (but they do look pretty.)

Thanks for all the responses, guys. I am pretty sure I'll be getting the JCRs just because I don't feel like paying almost $400 for rails. My original choice of rails was the C4x4s. I know they make great products (I had their TrailBlazer bumper and loved it), but their rails aren't as wide as I'd like and they seem to hang much lower than others I have seen.

BTW, who's "Ronnie the intern"?

RCman said:
I'd check out C4x4's rails. I've got a set of their Double-tube rails and they have never let me down! Here's a Link.

Ask Bloose about them, he had to beat his down with a sledge, just to get the door open, after running couple trails in Colorado last year.

have heard very good things about jcr both products and people. i plan on gettin their stuff when i lift the dd a little more

looks like it's not needed, but i'm gonna put my word in for the jcr sliders. i've got the stage II, they're good, and the guys there are top notch. if i wasn't planning to build the rest of my stuff myself, i'd be getting more from them.

My JCR stage 2's are coming this Friday and I am stooked to read all the thumbs up on them. Look forward to installing them.

doesnt anybody like JKS anymore? the jcr sliders are nice but i really like how the JKS attach. Seems more beefy than the jcrs, but 100 bucks more is a 100 bucks more i guess.

I've got a set of JKS Supernerfs sitting in my garage waiting to replace my RRO StepRails.

The JCR ones look nice though, they'll stick out quite a bit more than the JKS SuperNerfs. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, just something to take into consideration.

Go with the JCR's and use the "extra" money to join this awesome Jeep Club

NAXJA...Yeah!

I looked at AJs but those things stick out way too much for my liking.

As far as liking JKS anymore, I love them... but their prices are crazy. I do like the way their arms attach and the fact that the pinch seam is cut for them to fit completely flush with the original rockers.

As far as the JCRs sticking out more, it's seems marginal and may actually prove well for me. I wheel around a lot of trees and the added side protection is nice.

Now it comes down to whether I want better prices, or better fit and finish... decisions, decisions.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Jeepin Jason said:
I've got a set of JKS Supernerfs sitting in my garage waiting to replace my RRO StepRails.

The JCR ones look nice though, they'll stick out quite a bit more than the JKS SuperNerfs. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, just something to take into consideration.

Let me know how those Super Nerfs work out with your bushwackers. As much as I dislike the Bushwackers, I have to keep them on to keep the cops off my butt.

Back