• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

perches vs. blocks?

atreyuBLUEXJ

NAXJA Forum User
if blocks suck so much and everyone hates them, whats the difference between them and tnts u bolt eliminators, the lil spring perches, seems like theyd be the same kinda ordeal? im thinking about adding tnts ubolt eliminators but they seem like blocks, someone prove me wrong please.

When the axle wraps, you can loose your blocks. U-bolt eliminators are welded to the axle.(safer) They also get rid of the u-bolts.....

they will both cause axle wrap you do loose the block so it's one less thing to worry about. im not sure but the u-bolt elims. may be longer and would help axle wrap. the only thing the u-bolt elims have going for them is they can have a few built in benifits. like higher bump stop plate, allows you to rotate you pinion to correct position before you weld them on, and allows lift without adding another piece to fail. i would never buy them if i needed just one of their attributes but if i was building and axle i may think about them. a traction/wrap bar will most likely be needed as with a block of any substantial height.

To me, blocks seem like a bandaid - being that the u bolt elim. are welded on, they just seem like a better idea, they also raise the shock mount location which is an added bonus. If you decide to go w/ blocks, stay away from anything more than 2 inchers - way too much leverage on the leaves = axle wrap

Blocks=bad
Welded blocks=bad that won't fall off.

It doesn't matter how they're attached. If you increase the distance between the leaf and the axle you create a lever arm which greatly increases the axle wrap stresses.

Back