• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Preparing to lift... What else do I need?

casm

NAXJA Forum User
My lift is finally sitting on the floor of my apartment waiting to go into the XJ in a few weeks, and the SYE and driveshaft are being ordered tomorrow or Thursday. I've gone with the OME 3" kit from DPG Offroad, substituting ZJ front coils for the XJ units and adding an extra leaf in the rear springs; this should work fairly well for when the bumpers and rocker guards start getting added on. I'm also getting the SYE and driveshaft from them - it's the RE Hack & Tap (yep, I've got a 242) and I believe the driveshaft is from High Angle Driveline.

I'm making a shortlist of things that weren't shipped to me, and could use some help on this since I've never lifted a vehicle before. So far, I'm pretty sure I'll need rear axle shims and extended bumpstops - but am out of ideas at that point. If folks can let me know some of the basics I'm pretty sure I'm missing, I'd really appreciate it.

Usually when you buy a "kit" from DPG its pretty complete. If all you ordered was springs and shocks, you will also need extended brake lines and shims. You should also get some swaybar disconnects if you don't already have them. I also went with an adjustable trackbar.

J Vorhees said:
Usually when you buy a "kit" from DPG its pretty complete. If all you ordered was springs and shocks, you will also need extended brake lines and shims. You should also get some swaybar disconnects if you don't already have them. I also went with an adjustable trackbar.

Brake lines and shims weren't included in the current package deal (see here for what is), but I'm OK with that. Thanks for reminding me about the brake lines; I'd let them slip my mind. Discos are definitely there, though - was taking a look at them last night and was suitably impressed.

Forgot to mention, you should also get a set of DPG's bumpstop plates. Dirk might even give you a deal since you bought everything else from him.

Your going to be very happy with that suspension. I used to have the 2" on mine and loved it.

I know it's only a 3" lift, but an adjustable trac-bar wouldn't be a bad idea either. $110 from Tennessee4x4 on E-Bay. Sometimes he has slow shipping, but mine came in about 10 days. It's always fun to hop in and give the steering wheel a few spins with the swaybar disconected and watch the front of the Jeep sway around instead of turning the tires.

PB Blaster
Use it.
Know it.
Love it.
:loveu:

Start hitting everything now and it'll make things easier.

J Vorhees said:
Forgot to mention, you should also get a set of DPG's bumpstop plates. Dirk might even give you a deal since you bought everything else from him.

Cool. I need to give him a call tomorrow anyway, so I'll put that on the list.

Your going to be very happy with that suspension. I used to have the 2" on mine and loved it.

Yeah, out of all the ones I was able to drive, only the OME really impressed me in terms of capability and comfort. This is a DD/WW XJ, so I'd really prefer to not be beating myself up by driving it on pavement. If I wanted that, I'd get a TJ :D

sycho15 said:
I know it's only a 3" lift, but an adjustable trac-bar wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Noted. I'll probably end up doing it after the fact, though.

Haleyes said:
PB Blaster

With you on that 1000%. Everything's so soaked right now that I have to drive with the windows down to keep from passing out from the fumes :D

Back