• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar bushing

quicksilver

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all I have used this board for some time now but I dont post much. I ran into a problem and searching is not helping me out so I hope someone here can. I lifted my xj 6.5 inches using RE lift. I have short arms with drop brackets and full leafs in the rear. Anyhow my problem is the lower track bar bushing. It flexes to much and is effecting my steering, causing it to wander. I just replaced the bushing thinking I had a bad one but even new it flexes about 3/16 of an inch. Is this normal with lifed jeeps? Is there a fix? I was looking at other track bars and JKS has a much stiffer looking bushing, anyone know if it would fit the RE HD bar? Im sure I forgot some needed info but thats all I can think of now.

Thanks

I was just talking with my buddy and he said, If it would work, He could make a bushing out of brass for me. I didnt think it would because it does need to flex some right?

Back