• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac-Lok

Rambo

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search and no luck...:confused1

Whats the easiest way to tell if i have the factory Trac-Lok in my 98 C8.25 29 spline rear end?

I just ordered the no slip locker and they asked me if i had an open carrier or the traclock...

thanks for your help/..

Jack up the rear and spin the tires. If they both turn in the same direction you have a limited slip. If they turn in opposite directiions you have an open differential.
The reason they ask is a no slip/lunchbox locker will not fit into a Trac-loc carrier case.

DaffyXJ said:
Jack up the rear and spin the tires. If they both turn in the same direction you have a limited slip. If they turn in opposite directiions you have an open differential.
The reason they ask is a no slip/lunchbox locker will not fit into a Trac-loc carrier case.

thx daffy, will do tonight

in my 99 XJ, on the 8.25, I thought I had an open carrier but found out otherwise when I removed the diff cover. Then found a nice BIG sticker near the passenger side, towards the flange/hub that said Trac-Lock 3.55.

I had a track-lock put into my 8.25. I would sum it up as a waste of money. Should have gone with something more aggressive or an other ARB.

Greenlantern said:

I just ordered the no slip locker and they asked me if i had an open carrier or the traclock...

thanks for your help/..

What diference would it make having a Trac-Loc when installing/ordering a Lunch box locker? I have the Trac-loc option also.

XJedi23 said:
What diference would it make having a Trac-Loc when installing/ordering a Lunch box locker? I have the Trac-loc option also.
The carrier is different, so they have to know which you have so they can send you parts that fit.

Eagle said:
The carrier is different, so they have to know which you have so they can send you parts that fit.

Yep, what he said.

Is there even anyone who makes a lunchbox locker for a TracLok carrier? I haven't looked, but I don't remember seeing them either. Most I've seen are for open carriers only.

there is a no slip that works with the trac lock in the 8.25

Ramsey said:
there is a no slip that works with the trac lock in the 8.25

OK, I learned something today!
Now I can coast the rest of the day, and it's 2:40am!

On a 98 there should be a sticker on the inside of the glove box door. JIM.

Back