• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diesel engine i found on ebay

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
Be careful. I dont think I would trust them. He has low feedback and is not located in the us. By the time comes to ship (6 to 8 weeks) he could be sitting on a beach somewhere with a big grin on his face. And nothing could be done to recover your 6 grand unless your gonna go down there and beat it out of him. Good Luck!

Seems REAL expensive!! I'm stationed in england and the diesel cherokees are a dime a dozen over here. Everyone hates them and wants 4.0 because the deisels are crap. I'm not sure If that's the identical motor that's used over here but it's probably close.

Converting the Jeep to run on diesel instead of petrol is no easy task so I think you should forget about it. If you want more torque, build a 4.6 or 4.7L stroker.

270hp@4950/327lbft@3750, 1/4 mile = [email protected], 0-60 = 5.6secs :D
Websites - Jeep 4.0 Performance, 4.6L Stroker Build-Up, Dino's Jeep Tricks

The diesel engines in the XJs over here sucks. But it's a 2.5L VM Diesel. I think there's no reason to swap the good ol 4.0 for a diesel engine. I would rather stroke it or put a bigger V8 in it.

Thanks for all the output, im not thinking about buying it, i just thought it would be interesting since i know people were looking for diesel engines on this site to use with their cherokees or other buggies etc... and YES, 6K is a lot of money for an engine:)))

For $6K you can get a cummins 6BT. Granted it weighs 1/3 as much as an entire XJ...and would probably twist an XJ in 2 without some major work...BUT...:)

also note he has NO feed back from ANYONE who has actually bought an engine from him or anything from him. All of his feeback comes from sellers he has purchased things from.

i've actually been looking into those Titan motor's for a while now,, anyone know if they are any good or not ? for $1900 it's the cheapest stroker i've found yet beside's hassling to build it yourself.

spec's on the diesel,,
135 HP and 277 foot LB of torque.They can be cranked up to 170 HP.
you can get more than that with a 4.6 stroker at 1/2 the cost or better. it would also be a bolt in thing and no need for many fuel system adjustment's.

If you want a Diesel get a Perkins. At work we have three of them, their in a 12,000 pount steel mule we use for pulling small jets. They have crap for horse power but they have LOADS of torque. I can't imagine having one regeared in a 3,000 pound XJ. But I would go with a Stroker, cheaper and easier to install.

I put a cummins 4bt into my cherokee, couldn't be happier. Plus I picked up the engine for next to nothing. I think there's one on ebay right now buy it now for something like 1500-2000K...just a thought though

Back