• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MOOSE is back with a list...

MOOSE16285

NAXJA Forum User
Okay...

1st. Has anyone ever replaced the front seats for an MJ bench? If so, what all am I looking to mod for this. If not, I plan to do this and will post pics and stuff...

2nd. Will a 1990 MJ windshield fit a 1990 XJ 2dr?

3rd. A 92 XJ, I think it's safe to assume the ECU will not be compatible with a 1990 ECU. There's a 92 XJ for $250 nearby needs body work n an ECU

4th. Replacing my fuel injectors, fuel rail, throttle body, and buying a 3rd ECU off a 90 MJ that rolled... Should all this be compatible with a 90 XJ?

5th. I'm redoing my interior to something wild... I plan to put an MJ bench in the front. I wanna put a Willies dash and kinda ghettofab somethign different on the dash for radio placement. Anyone else wanna throw ideas my way. This is now officially a "PROJECT" Jeep. Not going to replace to OEM,not it's gonna be "MY CREATION". So let's put some thinking caps on and brainstorm something sweet. Keep in mind, the budget is that of a college student.

689844_44_full.jpg

There it is now... How it will finish... Who knows...

1) Don't know - never done it before myself. I like buckets - and I like the centre console...

2) No reason why not - and that's without checking Hollander's (which I plan to code into HTML someday...) The XJ and MJ are the same from the A-pillar forward (within years - 1986 = 1986, and 1987-1996 = 1987-1992.)

3) Correct. The XJ/MJ went to the ChryCo SBEC in 1991, and did away with the RENIX system (which was, I think, a step backwards. I've had no end of trouble with ChryCo SBEC units in the past... RENIX by Bendix/King? No trouble at all...)

4) Yes.

Too bad you're so far away - I do like those 10-hole wheels, and have no shortage of other OEMR alloys to trade you...

5-90 - willing to provide input.

How do you accommodate the shifter with the bench seats? Better check the measurements, be ready to modify, or consider getting an MJ style column shift. I think those occassionally appeared on Police XJ's too.

I have a auto tranny, I'ma hafta receive the bench n see what happens. Maybe back the bench a few inches cause I'm not putting the rear seats back. Or thats the plan for right now. As for the wheels. I love em man. I think they're the best lookin OEM Jeep wheels from that time. I have a set of five(5), so i have a matching spare.

MOOSE16285 said:
Okay...

1st. Has anyone ever replaced the front seats for an MJ bench? If so, what all am I looking to mod for this. If not, I plan to do this and will post pics and stuff...

1A: I did it the other way around no prob. There is an indent in the seat for a small console. I'm looking for an MJ tilt auto shift column out here for my auto 4x4 conversion. (the Poor Joe BA 10/5 2wd is coming out! I have a front axle already and AW4/NP242 to go into my '87 MJ)

2nd. Will a 1990 MJ windshield fit a 1990 XJ 2dr?

2A: Yes

3rd. A 92 XJ, I think it's safe to assume the ECU will not be compatible with a 1990 ECU. There's a 92 XJ for $250 nearby needs body work n an ECU

3A: Nope. Cut off date is 08/90 for Renix.

4th. Replacing my fuel injectors, fuel rail, throttle body, and buying a 3rd ECU off a 90 MJ that rolled... Should all this be compatible with a 90 XJ?

4A: Auto to auto works.

5th. I'm redoing my interior to something wild... I plan to put an MJ bench in the front. I wanna put a Willies dash and kinda ghettofab somethign different on the dash for radio placement. Anyone else wanna throw ideas my way. This is now officially a "PROJECT" Jeep. Not going to replace to OEM,not it's gonna be "MY CREATION". So let's put some thinking caps on and brainstorm something sweet. Keep in mind, the budget is that of a college student.

There it is now... How it will finish... Who knows...

5A: I saw someone had a replacement dash panel with Stewart Warner gauges on Ebay.

Not running still. I've got a bunch of freebies coming in. I awaiting shipping on a new throttle body n TPS sensors, new fuel rail & injectors n bought a new ECU for $15 off an MJ... I've gone ahead and decided not to sell it and just going to spend the spring & summer trying to get it running again and also customize the interior. I'm trying to redo my stereo system where the speakers and amps would be off the floor board by a few inches or amps on the roof. So I'ma be spendin alot of time on the MOD forum for that stuff while staying on here for engine repair. The weather here is finally being more consistant with rain every now & then. So now i find it more comfortable to be out there toying with it. One fuel injector was definitly broke and all were very dirty! not saying its the problem but def needed attention. I think I need to replace my steering shaft cause now I can't turn the wheel. Hope its not the p.s. box or something bigger like that. As long as the car stays in good shape I think I can afford to put more money into the jeep. maybe look at redoing the wiring harness. Cause we know the problem is still electrical. Anyway, gotta go to work. Keep yall up on it... here's a lovely pic 4 everyone...

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h175/zuluwarrior16285/Jeep-Callis.jpg

Last edited:
5-90 said:
1) ...Too bad you're so far away - I do like those 10-hole wheels, and have no shortage of other OEMR alloys to trade you...

You wouldn't happen to have one like on mine would ya? I need one for my spare.

jeep1.jpg

Here's a closer view:

jeep2.jpg

I believe these were a dealer installed option in 2000.

Dave

PS: Yeah I know, those Turdo Plus tires are on their way out and being replaced by Falken Zeis STZ/04's. No real need for monster mudders here as I only go down trails occasionally to take my kids fishing and camping. These are the tires that were on it when I bought it back in December and have plenty of tread left so I was in no real rush to replace them. The Jeep had American Racing AR-767s on it and I found these alloys on eBay for $200 for the set. I couldn't resist!

Back