• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vote now for the upcoming event in January.

Georgia Mike

NAXJA Forum User
I need any suggestions for locations and dates . Uwharrie,Tellico,Windrock,or wherever you want it to be,tell us!!! We'll get as many locations put together as possible,with as many difficulty levels as possible-so there will be something for everyone. Come on guys! I'm new to this "events coordinator" thing,so I need a little help to get me started in the right direction. Help save me from Woody's "spanking machine" :( And this time,let's all show up if it's at all possible. I want this to be a great start to the new year.

No Spanking Machine for Georgia Mike yet, but if the overnight accomodations in GA get much worse than a muddy/leaky XJ in the Ellijay Advance Auto parking-lot, it'll get wound back up Big-Time.

LOL that was simply me being redneck cheap is all. Instead of a motel room, I bought new (dry) jeans, belt, shirt, sox, boxers at the Wal Mart before leaving town.

Anyway my suggestions are for:

Uwharrie every weekend between now and closing 12/15.

Tellico Dec 27-Jan 1 based at Crawfords CG. Nothing could be finer than the highlands of Carolina over new-years.

Mid-Late Jan 03???

Speak up SE folks!

I'm out of the game until the first of the year. I have a list a mile long of things I need to do around here and on the Jeep so I'm taking a few months off now so I can get serious first of the year. We had a ball last January in Summertown, maybe we could ride there again the first of the year.

There bound to be trails between uwharrie and tellico or in SC or GA somewhere if only someone knew about them or knew someone who does.
I personally know of a trail we could ride in the I-40 gorge if anyones
interested. Pretty easy trail with several creek crossings that would be good for everyone even stockers. Its about 4 to 6 miles long, never measured it.Just some different scenery deep in the great smokies.Tellico, ellijay, UWharrie,Windrock,all would be on my list.

Just some thoughts,
MA

I also forgot to mention Mont Eagle and Gardendale. I hope to do this Mid to Late January,like say,somewhere between the 15th-31st. The end of December is when I'll be installing the 8.8,if I decide to use it. I haven't really decided on whether to do it or not since the 8.25 seems to be holding up fairly well. I'm up for anywhere in the SE,so let's hear 'em all!! :mrgreen:

what was the other trail by Rich Mtn that was in the VOICE. Something --
Creek. Can't remember for sure. There's Spring City in TN too. Never been there, but I've heard it mentioned a few times. What's SummerTown like?
Difficulty level?

:lol: :lol: [b:cf9074f302]Well although i would love to do Tellico New Years Kevin informed me that I have already taken part of his hunting time away and that with the Project XJ it will get into it some more...He is not going to miss the last days of the season...LOL

Lets Keep in Mind the NAXJA events and y'all try and make as many as possible.

Attica Mid Feb

PA in Late May

Tellico July 10-12

Xj Fest Not sure right now

Moab Oct 8---

I am up for anywhere at this time...Will let you know more when time comes...My Vote goes to Windrock with Summertown in 2nd.

[/b:cf9074f302]

[quote:57fad16a08="roXJeepr"]what was the other trail by Rich Mtn that was in the VOICE. Something --
Creek. Can't remember for sure. There's Spring City in TN too. Never been there, but I've heard it mentioned a few times. What's SummerTown like?
Difficulty level?[/quote:57fad16a08]
That's Anderson Creek. I've not been up there,yet,although Andy and I did try to make it once,but the road we thought was the only way in was closed for construction. Andy has since found out another way to get in,through the park,I believe. I don't know what the trails are like. I think I may go and check out Beasley Knob this weekend. The last time we were up there,about 6 months ago,they had just graded everything down for their "7 year trail maintenence". It's rained a lot since then and I'm curious to see what it's like now.

It seems like all I get to do is ......

dream about going some where! LOL! I have a company party to get ready for on the 7th of December. So the XJ has got to be put back together by then! The party is in the shop! I don't know if my 84 can make any long distance trips or not. However, I would love to get some input from you guys about the engine rattle I have! My vote is for Tellico, it seems to be the closest to me, becouse I don't know how that 4 poper wouldl handle a long trip! what is the name of that place around Chattanooga where they have the Roser Round up every year?

Dale, Summertown is a great place to ride. Lots of hills to climb and hollows to crawl through and find out for sure if your lift/tire combo works without rubbing. There are also obstacles like "axle breaker" for the more extreem to play on. We had a group of around 7-8 last year with only two Jeeps locked and everyone had a ball. I think it would be a great ride for the SE group. Windrock is still on my agenda, I'll be there Dec. 7th so I can scout out some good trails then. I guess noone else will be there? The place near the 'Nooga where the Roundup is held is Monteagle. It is all but off limits until mid-Feb. but after than I can arrange some guided rides up there is enough people show interest. I know BigWoody is up for it, who else is interested? I want to get some serious wheeling in this coming year before I get sidelined with my spotting duties at ERoCC. Nothing too extreme, just some guys and gals getting together for some wheeling. Get in your Jeep and cover as much ground as possible in one day. Any over night trips planned in the near future? I think we all need some time to get together and hang out with each other more than just on the trail. What can I say though, I missed the first two rides ;). Anyway, I hope we can get on the ball and get something solid planned soon so people can commit and we can all get together and ride. Regards,

Wes

Now if we wanted to get together for a BBQ or something....

Carpenter! I know a great place! My Grandfather had a 300 acre farm out side of Aiken, South Carolina. Good Bass fishing and some decent Deer for the hunters. If there were enough intrest we could all meet there for a BS weekend of drinking and hell raising! With some fish and hunting for those so inclined! It might be a good central location for some of us to get together to just meet. My parents own a house there with 4 bedrooms and it sits on 40 acres of brush land as I call it. Nice and peiceful!

[quote:460b2de12a="Carpenter"]Dale, Summertown is a great place to ride. Lots of hills to climb and hollows to crawl through and find out for sure if your lift/tire combo works without rubbing. There are also obstacles like "axle breaker" for the more extreem to play on. Windrock is still on my agenda, I'll be there Dec. 7th so I can scout out some good trails then. I guess noone else will be there? [/quote:460b2de12a]

Where is Summertown exactly? It sounds fun.
I may go to Windrock with you on the 7th. I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to.
But if there's rain or snow, I ain't goin! 8) Mebbe if it's wet we could go to RoyalBlue instead if ya just wanted to ride.

Summertown is just outside of Columbia, TN. I'm definitely going to Windrock rain or shine on Dec. 7th, there is a SFWDA meeting there that weekend. Apparently I'm the only member out of the SE gang. I hope we can come to an agreement and make some concrete plans soon.

I am riding Windrock this weekend and also plan to make the SFWDA meeting there. I have not been to Gardendale or Summertown and would like to try either one.

I live just south of Atlanta. I have an 89 XJ with 4.5 stroker, T-98 trans, 44 rear, Buckshot 33"s. Just got back from Windrock with my local club had a great ride 3dr gear and to the floor most of the day. It was slick and steep.

:cry: :cry:
No can do I am to be in Attica, IN the next week will be working to get evrything together....

What happened to a ride in Jan.? If we are wating until Feb. why not just go to Winterfest? I think I am going to be there that weekend as well. Noone likes the idea of Summertown in early to mid Jan.?

Back