• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RK x factor steering vs jcr 1 ton steering

canadian-xj

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering which steering system i should go with? I have a cherokee with 7" lift and 35's. Cant decide which of the 2 systems to go with. Some input from people with either system will be great.

i heard with jcr's steering setup that you have to use drilling and reaming to install it and the x factor is really beefy and provides the steering you need for your lift...just search the x factor...a lot of good reviews...

just a bit nervous about hiem joints on steering. Wonder if u could run
a tre instead of hiems? Would it be better or are hiems better. Also wondering as the hiems where, if they get noisy? Wonder if u could swap em out for some re super flex bushings.

I'll be happy to answer any questions about our steering if you want either on here, or over the phone.

I would compare and contrast it to the RK x factor... but honestly I don't understand what they are trying to accomplish with the draglink under the tie rod, and I personally would never run heims in my steering.

~Daryl
JCR

canadian-xj said:
just a bit nervous about hiem joints on steering. Wonder if u could run
a tre instead of hiems? Would it be better or are hiems better. Also wondering as the hiems where, if they get noisy? Wonder if u could swap em out for some re super flex bushings.

Did you seriously just ask if you could replace the heim in the steering with a Rubicon SF joint?

brokexj said:
...as far as rod ends or TRE's, if you don't like them, look at something with TRE's...

Exactly. I don't like heim on steering, but a lot of people run them with no issue.

As long as the heim is captured in a double sheer setup, there should be no concern about one wearing to the point of failure.

This is single sheer... if the hosing of the rod end bends, splits or breaks it falls to the ground... not to mention the leverage that joint has on the bolt.
heimjoint.jpg

This is double sheer... if anything happens (besided catastrophic failure of the joint) it should be contained. Also the bolt is now supported on both ends.... this way the leverage of the heim has to sheer it to break it. Not fatuge it.
000507.jpg

Heims or TREs is a matter of personal preference.
I've used both and will be using heims on my new system.
Both can fail. Both can be built well.
Quality matters, especially with heims. A good high quality (expect to pay $35-$40) teflon sealed 3/4" heim will take a 28,000# radial load; plenty strong and will last.
A good 3/4" gr9 bolt will hold up to a single shear load without any problem.

What I like about the D30 X-Factor is the knuckle bracket which both strengthens the knuckle and turns the heims sideways to minimize misalignment.

Back