• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Since my motor is bad.....

old88xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 88 XJ 115K 4.0 auto with a bad motor. My question is will a 4.0 I6 motor from a Grand cherokee fit in my heep? My motor has a great head but bad main and rod bearings and a scarred crank, with some minor blow by. The Grand motor has good bottom half but a cracked head. I am thinking of buying a head from Advanced Auto and swapping motors. I believe they are the same motor but will they swap out? OR am i just asking for more trouble? HELP is greatly appriecated! THanks in advance

Daniel
i got a broke XJ
need help fixin
so i can get to wheelin

swapping blocks will give you no trouble at all, it should bolt right up. the new blocks still as cast for the knock sensor too.

eric

so even though the motor is 10 years newer and for a diff model it will still fit? Old(cherokee) Head to New(grand) block?

yup, only things i'm aware of is a few of the cooling passages might have to be blocked off because of the different heads, but its nothing to shy away from, not a big deal at all.

eric

he does'nt need the computer, he's still using his old head and intake manifold and all electronics

Back