• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacing penix injectors w/ho ones

littlebluexj

NAXJA Forum User
replacing renix injectors w/ho ones

I serched but just need a quick answer
Will it work and run right?

the HO are all metal and are less pron to leak right?

Last edited:
the XJ will take almost any injector you give it i have FMS matched injectors from a 98 Mustang GT in mine that i bought from a friend who was upgradeing. do a search on here for ford injectors or mustang injectors. well worth the upgrade if for all but safety reasons!! i had two leak the 1st one leaked i replaced it with an aftermarket injector, the second one leaked and i was like thats it their out of here and replaced them all

The HO injectors will fit, physically, but they won't work right. The Renix injectors are rated at 19.6 pounds/hour. Depending on year, the HO injectors are rated 22 or 24 pounds/hour.

Renix injectors flow 18.6lb/hr so the best replacements are the orange top Ford Mustang 19lb injectors. Those who've done this conversion have reported excellent results. You'll find them cheap in e-bay.

Eagle said:
The HO injectors will fit, physically, but they won't work right. The Renix injectors are rated at 19.6 pounds/hour. Depending on year, the HO injectors are rated 22 or 24 pounds/hour.

I have a 93 HO engine in my 89 renix electrical system. I have the 93 fuel rail & injectors. I run 33" TSLs with stock (3.73 I believe gears). Before I swapped motors I got around 16 mpg. Now I get around 12 mpg. Is this the source of my mpg loss? Can I use renix injectors on my 93 fuel rail?

Back