• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

straight axle?

mudrat

NAXJA Forum User
what year did jeep start putting IFS under the xj.also what is a good lift to run 35,s to 37's under a late model(88-96) xj.any help would be appreciated.

Never. The XJ has been a solid-axle vehicle from inception to premature death (1984-2001).

For the rest, I'd strongly recommend searching the Modified Tech forum...the answers you seek are in there, but search before posting. Also read http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/history.html

unless you are making a street pounder give up the idea of 35~37's on stock axles.now i'm not saying you can't do it ,i ran 35's on regeared 95 axles for a good bit.you might want to start off a bit lower or even stock and learn what it can do before wanting to be the cool kid with the big truck that can't out of its own way .

watch and learn

I have 3" of lift. removed the flares and trimmed the fenders and at full stuff have room for 32's and will still have some rubbing untill I replace the lca's. Re-gearing is in the future and stronger axle shafts as well. thousands of dollars will be spent and that is if i do alot of the work myself. and i wonder why the new love of my life is dead grass green

Back