• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 e-brakes

awr94903

NAXJA Forum User
I'm swapping a '99 8.25 29 spline into my '95 and I'm running into some frustration with the parking brake cables. On my '95 the cables are an equal length and then are combined at the equalizer, but on the '99 the cables are different lengths (one side is twice as long as the other). What would be best, swap the ebrake cables from the different axles (which would require taking apart 4 drum brakes, PIA), or try to keep the cables and switch the way they mount to the Jeep?

How much of a lift do you, or will you have? If you're at or going to be at around 6" then just swap in new YJ cables since they are longer.

Keep your cables and plug them into the new axle.

currently stock height, will go to ~6" in a month or two, but I'm on a very limited time frame right now. Thanks for the help guys.

I just put YJ cables on my 93. They are a little too long but I guess if I go up more then I won't have to change them.

Replace both of them with even length units. Should work!

I just swapped in a '99 8.25 into my '93 and ran into the same thing. I kept my old cables because I didn't feel like finding out what all the different parts and brackets were that I would need. I liked the design of the new cable, how it runs along the axle and then goes from the pumpkin up instead of going over the muffler, but oh well.

Back